Jay Leno May Walk Out of NBC, Too
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 13th 2010 07:05AM
More Jay details after the jump, plus Ryan's teary-eyed Simon emotions and why Brangelina won't be at the Globes after the jump!
First Conan O'Brien Leaves, Now Jay Leno?
Sources close to former 'Tonight Show' host Jay Leno tell me he is furious with the way NBC has treated him and Conan O'Brien and is considering walking away from the entire mess with his head held high. "Now that Conan has made it clear he is leaving the troubled network, Jay is considering doing the same. They have put Jay in a terrible position. It looks like he is the reason that Conan is now without a job. Jay is a great guy and it's not fair that due to NBC's stupidity he looks like the bad guy," a TV insider tells me.
"Plus, what happens when Jay does return to the 11:35 slot if his audience doesn't immediately follow? How can he possibly trust the same network that canceled Conan after only seven months?"
Check out the morals on Jay! Good for him for sticking up for the guy he essentially got shoved out. And remember, if this mess continues and Jerry Seinfeld winds up on NBC, you heard it here first.
Ryan in Tears Over Split From Simon
Just before Simon Cowell announced he was quitting 'Idol,' he called the one person in the world that he just can't quit. No, not Paula Abdul -- Simon called Ryan Seacrest. "It was a very emotional conversation with lots of tears and laughter." Stop the presses! Simon cries? "Yes he does." a source tells me. And despite the fact that Simon swears Ryan was "popping Champagne bottles" to celebrate his departure (via Extra), I'm hearing otherwise.
When I met Ryan a few years ago, he told me how much Simon meant to him and I would often see them out together. "Ryan is devastated by the news. Taking it much harder than anyone else. It's not just that he will no longer be working with his best friend, he also knows 'Idol' is the center of what has made him so successful. Without 'Idol,' Ryan wouldn't have E!, wouldn't have his current radio gig and wouldn't have made it onto People's 'Most Sexy' list," which apparently is a big deal to little Ryan.
But fear not, Seacrest! Look at how well Jessica is doing without Nick. Oh, wait a minute.
And not to play "I told you so," (I'm too classy!) but remember last week when I said Simon was on his way out and 'Idol' would be minimizing his role this year? Well ...
Angie Ditches the Globes Without Telling Brad!
Everyone was surprised yesterday when Angelina Jolie's stylist announced the couple wouldn't be attending Sunday's Golden Globe Awards in Hollywood, but no one was more surprised than Brad himself. "He thought he was going to support his nominated film 'Inglourious Basterds.' He's very close friends with director Quentin Tarantino and very proud of his work in this film," an astonished friend revealed to me.
Put away the tux, Brad -- Angie has spoken and you will be watching it on the TV like the rest of us.
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- 30 years later, ?CHiPs' cast reunites
- Hello Kitty celebrates 40th anniversary
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!