David Letterman Wants Conan O'Brien On His Show
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 14th 2010 02:00AM
Letterman Courting Conan
After the ugly way 'The Tonight Show' has treated Conan O'Brien, an unlikely person is jumping in to defend him -- David Letterman. "Dave would love to get Conan on his show," an insider tells me. "Not to rub NBC's noses into their huge mistake, but to welcome Conan with open arms and show him that despite the way his old network has treated him, America loves him."
Dave -- who knows first-hand what it's like to be treated badly by NBC and Leno -- hasn't reached out to Conan directly, but his staff has contacted Conan's people letting them know about the open invitation.
Hopefully the red-headed funny man will get the last laugh, courtesy of Dave! If there's ever a way to get back at NBC, bashing them on another network would certainly be it.
Brian Williams Wants Matt Lauer's Six-Pack Abs
Yes, it's true: The anchor of America's number 1 evening news broadcast is not just a closet 'Jersey Shore' fan, he's also pea-green with envy over Matt Lauer's abs.
"Brian's from the Jersey shore, went to a good Catholic school -- it's part of our culture on the Jersey shore for men to want to look good. Wear a little mousse, get yourself a nice tan and, most importantly, work on your abs," a Jersey friend of Brian's tells me.
So watch out, Matt, you might have a little competition for the best six-pack at 30 Rock (and don't forget about George Stephanopoulos) -- but please guys, no fist pumping.
Johnson's Death Reunites Nicole and Paris
The tragic death of Johnson and Johnson heiress, Casey Johnson, has reunited childhood friends Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. They both attended a private memorial at Nicky Hilton's Los Angeles house on Jan. 5.
"On such a sad day, it brought a smile to my face to at least have one dear friend back in my life," Paris tells Life & Style. "With my traveling, I haven't seen Nicole in a long time, and she's been so busy with having her two babies."
I knew Casey, and know that Paris and Nicole finally burying the hatchet would have made her happy.
Special Comment: In times like these with so much tragic real news going on in the world, it feels strange to be writing a silly entertainment column. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the horrid events in Haiti.
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" Gets Bizarre-Yet-Perfect Game of Thrones Mash-Up: Watch Now!
- Pregnant Jennifer Love Hewitt Debuts Second Baby Bump -- See Her Chic Maternity Look!
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Treat Themselves to a Little Afternoon Delight in KUWTK Premiere
- 'Battered' Harrison Ford survives crash landing on southern California golf course
- Kelly Clarkson's new album falls flat
- Adam Sandler and Bob Barker's 'Happy Gilmore' feud lives on
- An Extended Trailer for Furious 7 Just Hit the Internet and It'll Make Your Stomach Drop—Watch Now!
- The Big Bang Theory Paid Tribute To Leonard Nimoy After Tonight's Episode And It Was Beautiful
- Taylor Swift Proves She ''Woke Up Like This'' With Gorgeous Makeup-Free Selfie—and Olivia Benson Looks Pretty Flawless, Too!