David Letterman Wants Conan O'Brien On His Show
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 14th 2010 02:00AM
Letterman Courting Conan
After the ugly way 'The Tonight Show' has treated Conan O'Brien, an unlikely person is jumping in to defend him -- David Letterman. "Dave would love to get Conan on his show," an insider tells me. "Not to rub NBC's noses into their huge mistake, but to welcome Conan with open arms and show him that despite the way his old network has treated him, America loves him."
Dave -- who knows first-hand what it's like to be treated badly by NBC and Leno -- hasn't reached out to Conan directly, but his staff has contacted Conan's people letting them know about the open invitation.
Hopefully the red-headed funny man will get the last laugh, courtesy of Dave! If there's ever a way to get back at NBC, bashing them on another network would certainly be it.
Brian Williams Wants Matt Lauer's Six-Pack Abs
Yes, it's true: The anchor of America's number 1 evening news broadcast is not just a closet 'Jersey Shore' fan, he's also pea-green with envy over Matt Lauer's abs.
"Brian's from the Jersey shore, went to a good Catholic school -- it's part of our culture on the Jersey shore for men to want to look good. Wear a little mousse, get yourself a nice tan and, most importantly, work on your abs," a Jersey friend of Brian's tells me.
So watch out, Matt, you might have a little competition for the best six-pack at 30 Rock (and don't forget about George Stephanopoulos) -- but please guys, no fist pumping.
Johnson's Death Reunites Nicole and Paris
The tragic death of Johnson and Johnson heiress, Casey Johnson, has reunited childhood friends Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. They both attended a private memorial at Nicky Hilton's Los Angeles house on Jan. 5.
"On such a sad day, it brought a smile to my face to at least have one dear friend back in my life," Paris tells Life & Style. "With my traveling, I haven't seen Nicole in a long time, and she's been so busy with having her two babies."
I knew Casey, and know that Paris and Nicole finally burying the hatchet would have made her happy.
Special Comment: In times like these with so much tragic real news going on in the world, it feels strange to be writing a silly entertainment column. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the horrid events in Haiti.
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- A Man in Chicago Told President Obama to Not Flirt With His Fiancee and It Was Amazing -- Watch Here
- It Begins?Again! Prosecutors Open Jodi Arias' Death Penalty Trial With Gruesome Photo
- Off The Wagon? Kyle Richards ?Even More Concerned' About Sister Kim's Sobriety ? Confrontation Caught On Camera!
- Cheating, Drugs & Violence! Anjelica Huston Claims Ryan O'Neal Beat Her —‘I Saw Stars & Reeled Back’
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Sex Tape Bonus Features: Jason Segel Talks Putting His Junk in Cameron Diaz's Face—Plus, Bloopers! Watch Now!
- Why We're Laugh-Puking at Sons of Anarchy and Why We Love-Hate The Voice: Our Rants and Raves
- New Mom Scarlett Johansson Makes Barbara Walters' List of 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014—See Who Else Made the Cut!