Kelis Takes on PETA in Scathing MySpace Letter
By Steven Avalos Posted Jan 14th 2010 06:00PM
Some background on the situation: Kelis was photographed earlier this week wearing a very fur-centric ensemble which caught the attention of animal activist group PETA leading the singer to make a public rebuttal via her MySpace blog. Kelis not only dismisses PETA President Ingrid Newkirk as "nuts" but the organization as a whole as causing "the death of high fashion."
"I eat meat and in fact my mouth salivates as I type the word, " Kelis writes.
In her over 600 word rant, Kelis states that she would never wear the fur of endangered species, but chinchilla and mink are fair game. "Quite honestly [they] are rodents, and if it weren't in the form of a coat, I would demand they be put to death anyway."
Kelis is obviously not above writing such potentially shocking statements and proceeds with a hypothetical scenario where she "would eat pterodactyl if you found some and told me it was meaty and delicious."
Instead of focusing on the plight of the animal kingdom, the singer suggests people should focus on more worthwhile causes such as poverty in underdeveloped countries and women's basic rights in the Middle East.
"Everyone has the right to an opinion, and that's mine on that," ends Kelis. If you want to read the entire letter, click here.
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Kelis dresses appropriately for the freezing London weather as she heads to her album launch party on January 9th.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- ?Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer: 4 Things That Leave Us Wanting More!
- ?Real World' Star Ryan Knight Found Dead at 29
- Video! Kris Jenner's Date Night with Corey Gamble
- Shia LaBeouf Claims He Was Raped During His Performance Art Project #IAMSORRY -- Read His Disturbing Quotes
- Kelly Clarkson Dressed Her Adorable Daughter River as a Turkey -- See the Pic!
- Eva Mendes Makes Her Own Skincare Products a la Shailene Woodley, Talks Beauty Secrets as a New Mom