Jessica Biel: the Most Normal Girl on the Pages of Vogue Magazine
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 15th 2010 04:00PM
Vogue in their February cover story, and explains that after fifteen years in the business, she can still ride the subway undetected. Check out Biel's thoughts on her family, her relationship, and her controversial nearly-nude photo shoot at 17, after the jump.
On moving with her mom to L.A. for pilot season: "It was stressful, for sure: my mom leaving my brother when he was so little for months at a time; my dad having to deal on his own. Sometimes I look back and think, God, you guys were crazy for letting some twelve-year-old do what she wanted. I mean, they did everything for me."
On posing nearly nude on the cover of Gear, just shy of her 18th birthday: "I really wanted to go to college, and it all kind of happened at the same time. I did this photo shoot; the photo shoot came out; it was terribly embarrassing. I had to apologize to everybody, including my parents. It was a big learning experience: learning how to have boundaries and how to say no."
Behind-the-scenes video with Jessica Biel
On young starlets today: "I have this overwhelming motherly feeling toward them. Just do what you gotta do, girls! Hold it together! I wish everyone would just leave them alone."
On the recession: "The last year in this business has been harsh. There's no material. Nobody wants to make dramas. And that's what we all want to do."
"[Movies now are] commercial movies - horror movies, big romantic comedies, and action movies. Those can be great, but you don't want to do only those kinds of films. You can't live on éclairs alone. You have to have a spinach salad every now and again."
On her relationship with Justin Timberlake: "I don't want to talk about it. I don't feel the need to clear anything up. It's the most precious thing that I have in my life, and I care about it so much that I don't care about what anyone says or thinks. I have just not addressed it in any real way, and I'm not going to. It's mine. And I really like that about it."
On her self -image: "When I see myself in pictures with makeup on, even to this day, I think it looks weird. My eyes get squintier and smaller. On the red carpet, I'm playing a character. As soon as I get off that thing I think, Oof, wipe that gloss off. I'm wiping and wiping and pulling my hair out and trying to change my outfit. I'm immediately trying to get comfortable. It's really a part I play."
On honoring her family: "My grandmother, whom we call Biel, thinks it's very unbecoming of me not to smile for the paparazzi. So every time I see them I think, Smile for Biel!"
Read the entire interview with Jessica Biel at Vogue, on newsstands January 26.
Jessica Biel in Vogue
Jessica Biel appears on the cover of Vogue in February, 2010.
More Photos >>
More Photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Erin Andrews excited that Julianne Hough is new 'Dancing with the Stars' judge
- Man dies following assault at Hank Williams, Jr. concert in Michigan
- Bring on the screams: 5 big MTV Video Music Awards boy band moments
- First Teaser for 'Woman in Black' Sequel Features Shadows, a Skull and an Empty Rocking Chair
- Evangeline Lilly Unveils Her 'Ant-Man' Hairdo on Instagram
- 'The View' Stays Mum on New Panelists ?
- Aaron Paul is running one last ?Breaking Bad' scavenger hunt
- How ?Saved by the Bell' changed after the pilot
- ?Spider-Woman #1? has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Yoga Hosers' Is a Real Movie Starring Johnny Depp and His Daughter
- These Sequel Movie Mistakes Prove That Sometimes Less Is More (PHOTOS)
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'Sin City 2,' 'True Blood,' 'Emmys,' 'VMAs' & More (VIDEO)