On Oprah, Lady Gaga Urges Her 'Little Monsters' To Help With Haiti Relief
By Steven Avalos Posted Jan 15th 2010 04:10PM
But the 'Poker Face' singer got serious as she discussed the importance of supporting the relief effort in Haiti. Recalling her time in New York during 9/11, she admits she "never felt like anyone understood" what the city was going through and now wants to raise awareness to her fans about the importance of lending a hand abroad. Tearing up, she also revealed that all proceeds from her January 24 concert in New York City will go to Haiti. (Forward to the 3:10 mark.)
Lady Gaga joins a chorus of other celebrities and entertainment companies to urge help for survivors of the disaster:
► George Clooney is hosting a telethon to raise funds for victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
► Tiger Woods, reportedly donating $3 million to Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti relief fund.
► Gisele Bundchen, $1.5 million to the Red Cross.
► Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, $1 million to Doctors Without Borders.
► The Hollywood Foreign Press, the group behind the Golden Globes, $100,000 to Yele Haiti.
► Walt Disney Co., $100,000 to the Red Cross.
More: How You Can Help
- Celebs Speak Out
- Red Cross: 50,000 Feared Dead
- Clinton, Bush Head Haiti Effort
- Before and After Photos
- People Turn to Social Media Sites
- Quake Exposes Silent Crisis
- 3 Keys to Relief Success
- FBI Warns Against Scams
- Text Messages Raise Big Money
- Tiger Woods May Donate $3 Million
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amy Schumer puts Bill Cosby on trial on 'Inside Amy Schumer'
- L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti hopes ?San Andreas' gets city to prepare
- Thousands sign petition to take back Iggy Azalea's Billboard win
- '19 Kids' and Scandal: Why Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar Are NOT Worried About Show's Future
- Pics: Taylor Swift & Calvin Harris Get Cozy on Date Night in NYC
- Melissa McCarthy Talks New Clothing Line and Plus-Size Shopping, Because ?People Don't Stop at Size 12'