On Oprah, Lady Gaga Urges Her 'Little Monsters' To Help With Haiti Relief
By Steven Avalos Posted Jan 15th 2010 04:10PM
But the 'Poker Face' singer got serious as she discussed the importance of supporting the relief effort in Haiti. Recalling her time in New York during 9/11, she admits she "never felt like anyone understood" what the city was going through and now wants to raise awareness to her fans about the importance of lending a hand abroad. Tearing up, she also revealed that all proceeds from her January 24 concert in New York City will go to Haiti. (Forward to the 3:10 mark.)
Lady Gaga joins a chorus of other celebrities and entertainment companies to urge help for survivors of the disaster:
► George Clooney is hosting a telethon to raise funds for victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
► Tiger Woods, reportedly donating $3 million to Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti relief fund.
► Gisele Bundchen, $1.5 million to the Red Cross.
► Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, $1 million to Doctors Without Borders.
► The Hollywood Foreign Press, the group behind the Golden Globes, $100,000 to Yele Haiti.
► Walt Disney Co., $100,000 to the Red Cross.
More: How You Can Help
- Celebs Speak Out
- Red Cross: 50,000 Feared Dead
- Clinton, Bush Head Haiti Effort
- Before and After Photos
- People Turn to Social Media Sites
- Quake Exposes Silent Crisis
- 3 Keys to Relief Success
- FBI Warns Against Scams
- Text Messages Raise Big Money
- Tiger Woods May Donate $3 Million
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Maria Menounos recalls 'scary' car attack incident
- 'Honey Boo Boo's' Mama June: I'm not dating child sex offender
- CBS cuts 'CSI' season short
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Extra Scoop: Chrissy Teigen Quits Twitter over Canadian Terror Attack Tweet
- New Couple Alert Averted? Orlando Bloom Denies He's Dating Selena Gomez
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Active Styles from New Balance!
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo's Mama June Denies Dating Sex Offender, Says They Split 10 Years Ago
- Tori Spelling Tweets Photo From Hospital Bed, Reflects on Personal Relationships: "1 Person Will Never Be There 4 Me"
- Kristen Bell Gets Interviewed By Child Prodigies Elias and Zion Phoenix, Reveals Her Favorite Part About Frozen's Princess Anna -- Watch!