Sandra Bullock Ties (and Makes Out) With Meryl Streep at Critics' Choice Awards
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 16th 2010 10:04AM
Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep enjoyed the rare honor of scoring a tie for the Best Actress award at the 2010 Critics' Choice ceremony, and Bullock celebrated by planting one on an unsuspecting Streep. Each winner gave an acceptance speech - and Bullock capped hers with: "Meryl is a good kisser." WATCH
Streep accepted her award first, acknowledging the strength of her role in 'Julie and Julia': "I love acting and I love to work and I love food and I love sex - so did Julia Child, so it wasn't that much of a stretch."
When Bullock took the stage, she quipped, "I too like food and sex ... See that's how similar we are. You guys just didn't notice it until now."
The 'Proposal' star also used her acceptance speech to remind fans that the relief effort in Haiti is ongoing and in need of their support. Bullock put her money where her mouth is this week - the actress donated $1 million toward Haitian earthquake relief, according to the Associated Press.
The ceremony proved important in other ways - 'Hurt Locker' director Kathryn Bigelow took home the award for Best Director, a first-time distinction for a woman at the Critics' Choice event. The Iraq War drama earned the Best Picture prize as well.
Check out full Critics' Choice coverage on Moviefone.
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
HOLLYWOOD, CA - JANUARY 15: (L-R) Actors Bradley Cooper, Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep are seen in the audience during The 15th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards held at the Hollywood Palladium on January 15, 2010 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frank Micelotta/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Bradley Cooper;Sandra Bullock;Meryl Streep
Getty Images North America
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lovelorn fan proposes to Keira Knightely during Broadway debut
- Geena Davis, 59, to play 44-year-old Jon Hamm's daughter
- Jim Carrey's ex reportedly committed suicide using pills prescribed to the comedian
- ‘Castle' Bosses Explain Season 8 Split: "Nobody's Getting Divorced"
- NYFF: Michael Moore Calls Lack of Diversity in Hollywood "A Form of Apartheid"
- NYFF: 'Steve Jobs' Star Michael Fassbender, Director Danny Boyle Weren't Bothered by Pre-Production Drama
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Martian' Lands At Number One
- 8 Reasons 'Titanic' Is Still the Best Love Story of the '90s
- 12 Life Lessons From Cher Horowitz