Cancer-Stricken Michael C. Hall Wins a Golden Globe
Many of you weren't aware Michael C. Hall was sick and began hitting Google wondering why the 'Dexter' star was sporting a black cap while he accepted his Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. The answer: He's currently battling cancer, specifically Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Making no reference to his disease during his acceptance speech, Hall spoke proudly as his co-stars like John Lithgow were seen in the crowd teary-eyed in support of their friend.
Backstage, Hall addressed his cancer -- and why he announced it just days before the Globes. "Well, I think the matter of personal health is very much a personal matter. I had to be completely frank with you, every intention of keeping it quiet, but because the award shows were imminent, I figured I'd make a statement. It was also nice to be able to make a statement with my treatment that I did, that I was able to assure people that I was really on the road to recovery, and it is nice to sort of have a justifiable excuse for accesser icing."
Just days ago, Hall revealed he has been battling cancer, which is currently in remission.
"I feel fortunate to have been diagnosed with an imminently treatable and curable condition, and I thank my doctors and nurses for their expertise and care," Hall said in a statement.
MORE ABOUT Michael C. Hall
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Michael C. Hall Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Questlove Defends Iggy Azalea, Says "Fancy" Is a "Game-Changer" for Hip-Hop Culture
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson: Fast Seven Is "Very Special," "Emotional" After Paul Walker's Death
- Candace Cameron Bure on Danica McKellar's Fiance: "They Just Suit Each Other"
- Brady Oestrike's Friend Speaks Out, Police Issue Update On Decapitation & Other New Developments
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West's Daughter North Takes Her First Steps, Mom Celebrates On Social Media
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' racy trailer hits the web, fans react
- Ted Nugent calls critics 'unclean vermin' after concert cancellation
- Celebrity scale: Skinny or curvy?