The Inspiration Behind 'Pants on the Ground'
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 19th 2010 12:18PM
Jimmy Fallon dropped his. Brandon Gray dropped his. Even Brett Favre has dropped his "Pants on the Ground." Larry Platt's 'American Idol' jingle has gone viral, and now we know how the 62-year-old came up with it. In other news, Conan O'Brien is reportedly set to take home a massive payday from NBC. And prolific crime novelist Robert. B. Parker has died. This is What You're Searching For Today...
"Pants on the Ground" – "General" Larry Platt appeared on 'The View' yesterday to perform his surprise hit and speak of the jingle's origin. "I was walking," Platt told the audience. "I seen a guy with a baby bottle in his mouth... with his pants on the ground... sucking baby's milk." Inspiration comes at the oddest of times. Jimmy Fallon put his own spin on "Pants on the Ground" on Jan. 14, Brett Favre led his team in a celebratory "Pants on the Ground" locker-room chant after taking his team a step closer to the Super Bowl on Sunday, and the 62-year-old Platt is now a veritable star. At least until 'American Idol' finds a brighter one.
Conan O'Brien – The NBC late-night shake-up has been blown "out of proportion," NBC News head Steve Capus told the New York Times this past weekend. Jeff Zucker, the network exec seen as the architect of Conan O'Brien's ouster, "is paying a price that is so out of whack with what is happening here," Capus continued. That price is not only the hit to his reputation, but also a reported $40 million that will be doled out as severance to Conan and employees of his 'Tonight Show.' Conan is set to make $32.5 million, himself, provided he doesn't host another show until the fall. And any money the host pulls in from another network or channel during the NBC contract period – which lasts for a couple years more – will be subtracted from the $32.5 million.
Robert B. Parker – The celebrated crime novelist was found dead, "just sitting at his desk," according to an email sent out by his UK publisher. Parker, best known for his Spenser private eye novels, which were adapted to the TV screen in the '80s, was 77 years old. Penguin Group, his US publisher tweeted today, "R.I.P beloved author Robert B. Parker. You were indeed a Grand Master, your legacy lives on, and you will be missed by us all."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Visit South Africa House to Pay Respects After Nelson Mandela's Death: Pictures
- Drew Barrymore Reveals She's Having a Second Baby Girl at 2013 Beauty Inc Awards In NYC
- Beyonce Reveals Super Fit Body in Texas Longhorns Jersey, Bikini Bottom: See the Picture
- ?I Can't Believe It Is Happening': ‘The Little Couple’ Star Jen Arnold Tells Of ‘Terrible’ Mood Swings After Diagnosis With Rare Cancer
- Not Giving Up: Male Model Vows To Take Kourtney Kardashian Paternity Scandal To L.A. Court
- 'Today' show sign-language joke offends deaf community
- ?Scarface' star Steven Bauer looks back at iconic film 30 years later
- Rachael Ray's aunt dies after getting stuck outside in freezing temperatures