No Haiti Telethon Invite for Kanye West?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 20th 2010 11:46PM
Haiti Telethon Tells Kanye: 'No Thanks'
As very A-list stars begin lining up like planes on a runway for Friday's big Haiti telethon organized by Mr. George Clooney, sources tell me one celebrity was definitely not invited -- Kayne West.
"After what he said on the Katrina telethon and the way he behaved at the MTV Video Music Awards, everyone agrees it's just best that he does not participate," a producing partner told me. "Kayne has to make everything about himself. He will do anything to steal the spotlight and, well, this night it's just not about him."
I'm afraid I have to agree ... and now it seems that Taylor Swift will be joining the fund raiser. There's another reason Kanye will be watching from a couch instead of being on stage.
UPDATE/CORRECTION: MTV tells PopEater that Kanye West was indeed invited to be a part of the Haiti benefit. There's no word at this point as to whether he accepted or not.
Alec Baldwin Gets Tina Fey a New Gig
Alec Baldwin, who is co-hosting the Oscars on March 7 with Mr. Steve Martin, has made sure to look out for his '30 Rock' star Tina Fey. Sources tell me Tina is very excited to be a presenter for the first time ever at this year's ceremony, and has even offered to write a few jokes for her comedy friends if they need any special material.
Tina, having friends in high places certainly does have its advantages. Singing for your supper with a few great jokes is cheap at half the price to get into that gig!
Golden Globes Rain Costs Stars Thousands
Let me tell you a little secret. All those gorgeous dresses that you see your favorite stars wearing on the red carpet at all the awards show are borrowed. Yes, they are on loan, which means they need to be returned in the same condition in which they were received. After Sunday's washout, most of the clothes were damp and soiled rags.
"These designer dresser are not made to go outside. They are fragile works of art, many of which are stored in climate-controlled vaults. Now they are destroyed and the stars are responsible for the cost of replacing them," an A-list stylist (whose client has been left with a bill for $10,000!) told me.
Next time try Armani Exchange -- they have beautiful stuff that's weatherproof!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Things you might not know about the ladies of 'The Big Bang Theory'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- 'The Voice' Results Live Blog! Who's In and Who's Out
- Laura Dern Hopes ?Jurassic World' Continues to Reinvent That ?Jurassic' Experience
- Extra Scoop: Bruce Jenner's ?Kinky' Night Out with Rumored GF
- Diem Brown's Love Chris "CT" Tamburello Proposed Five Days Before Her Death; Kendra Wilkinson Talks Sex With Hugh Hefner: Top 5 Stories
- Dancing With the Stars Winner Revealed on Season 19 Finale: Is It Alfonso Ribeiro, Janel Parrish, or Sadie Robertson?
- Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Dakota Johnson and Portrays Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer Parody -- Watch!