Bruce, Bono Join Others for 'Hope for Haiti' Telethon
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 20th 2010 07:16AM
New York: Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Mary J. Blige, Shakira, Jennifer Hudson and Wyclef Jean.
Los Angeles: Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow and John Legend.
London: Jay-Z, Bono and The Edge, Rihanna and Coldplay.
In New York, Haitian native Jean will host, while George Clooney will hold down the fort in Los Angeles. Throughout the night, CNN's Anderson Cooper will report from Port-au-Prince.
Our pals at The Fab Life have rounded up a list of presenters and speakers as well:
LA: Ben Stiller, Brad Pitt, Chris Rock, Drew Barrymore, George Clooney, Halle Berry, Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Morgan Freeman, Oprah Winfrey, Samuel L. Jackson
NYC: President Bill Clinton and Jon Stewart
London: Robert Pattinson
People can purchase the night's musical performances for 99 cents each through iTunes starting Saturday. All proceeds will go to Haiti relief.
The 'Hope for Haiti' benefit will be broadcast from New York, Los Angeles, London and Haiti. It will be televised on all the major networks at 8 p.m. EST, as well as MTV, VH1, CMT, BET, PBS, CNN, Bravo, and a host of other networks. In addition, the telethon will be streamed live on Web sites including YouTube, MySpace and AOL.
The funds raised from the telethon will be donated to several relief organizations, including UNICEF, Oxfam America and Partners in Health.
Return to PopEater on Friday Night for Live Stream and More Coverage of the Telethon
- Miraculous Rescues Continue
- Quake Orphans Thousands
- Aid Follows Refugees Into Jacmel
- Dad Found Alive With Goodbye Note
- New Satellite Photos
- Quake Stirs Painful Memories
- Did Katrina Spur Haiti Donations?
- DJ Hits Airwaves for Aid Mission
- Dead Left Where They Lie
- General Downplays Violence
- How You Can Help
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after his VMAs performance
- Fall Fashion! Try This Classic-Goes-Cool Faux Leather Look
- Tense! Watch Kris Jenner Meet Caitlyn for the First Time
- One of Josh Duggar's Alleged Sex Partners Reflects on Pregnancy Scare