'Survivor' Star Jennifer Lyon Dies of Breast Cancer
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 20th 2010 02:14PM
"She had beaten it into remission once, but then it came back and was in her bones," 'Survivor: Micronesia' star Eliza Orlins told TVGuide.com. UsMagazine.com confirmed the sad news.
The former nanny was diagnosed with stage-three breast cancer two months after the tenth season of 'Survivor' wrapped in 2005. That year, she told PEOPLE about finding out about the cancer and how she was forced to get a bilateral mastectomy that summer.
"In the summer of 2004, I felt something in my right breast that didn't feel normal," Lyon said. "I thought it was probably scar tissue related to my breast implants. So I let it go -- for a long time."
Lyon, who had become an advocate for other women struggling with the disease, thanked fans on her Web site, which still displays the message.
Austin Carty, another 'Survivor' alum, called Lyon a "genuinely selfless, sweet-natured person."Thank you so much to everyone for sending their encouragement and prayers. It means so much to me and every single one is appreciated. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
"She was engaged in the greatest fight of her life, but she had every intention to fight and spread her positive messages," Carty said.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber Continues 21st Birthday Celebration With Tons of Bikini-Clad Girls in Miami -- See the Funny Pic
- Kendall Jenner Gets Bum-Rushed By Fan Who Seemingly Tries to Kiss Her While Out in Paris -- See Her Priceless Reaction
- Terrell Owens Wants Jennifer Lopez to Call Him and Be His Girlfriend: "I've Been Trying to Find Her"
- Documentary filmmaker Albert Maysles dies at 88
- Harrison Ford crash: NTSB investigator says anytime a person survives an airplane crash is 'a good day'
- Kim Kardashian says she has sex with Kanye West '500 times a day'