Now It's Personal: Jay Leno Jokes About Dave Letterman's Marriage
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 21st 2010 08:17AM
During his monologue, Leno admitted that "Letterman has been hammering me every night," addressing the attacks to his crowd and band leader Kevin Eubanks. Leno continued, asking Eubanks: "Hey Kev, you know the best way to get Letterman to ignore you? Marry him. He will not bother you. He won't look you in the eye."
Leno, of course, was referencing Letterman's infidelity, which he announced on his show in 2009 in order to stave off an alleged extortionist. Letterman admitted that he had sexual affairs with members of his staff while he was married.
Letterman reamed Leno earlier this week, calling his current actions -- which many view as muscling Conan O'Brien out of NBC and the 'Tonight Show' chair -- "vintage Jay." "So last night, Jay gave his state of the network speech, and he said that we should not blame Conan for what's going on. And I said to myself, 'No one is blaming Conan,'" Letterman told his crowd.
The feud between Letterman and Leno goes back decades, thanks to the two dueling for the 'Tonight Show' throne in anticipation of Johnny Carson stepping down.
Related: Conan O'Brien, NBC Reach $45 Million Divorce Deal
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Jessica Simpson rocks a new do at the Los Angeles premiere of "Extraordinary Measures" on January 19th.
Michael Tran, FilmMagic
Michael Tran, FilmMagic
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nick Jonas Gets Drenched in Slime at 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Watch the Video!
- Angelina Jolie Hits Up the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards With Daughters Shiloh and Zahara: See the Pics!
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Complete List of Winners!
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Nick Jonas Pokes Fun at One Direction, Angelina Jolie Inspires and More Big Moments
- Katy Perry's Prismatic World Tour Premieres: 5 Things You Didn't See in the Concert Movie That May Surprise You
- Angelina Jolie Makes Surprise Appearance at Kids' Choice Awards, Brings Shiloh and Zahara as Her Special Dates