Now It's Personal: Jay Leno Jokes About Dave Letterman's Marriage
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 21st 2010 08:17AM
During his monologue, Leno admitted that "Letterman has been hammering me every night," addressing the attacks to his crowd and band leader Kevin Eubanks. Leno continued, asking Eubanks: "Hey Kev, you know the best way to get Letterman to ignore you? Marry him. He will not bother you. He won't look you in the eye."
Leno, of course, was referencing Letterman's infidelity, which he announced on his show in 2009 in order to stave off an alleged extortionist. Letterman admitted that he had sexual affairs with members of his staff while he was married.
Letterman reamed Leno earlier this week, calling his current actions -- which many view as muscling Conan O'Brien out of NBC and the 'Tonight Show' chair -- "vintage Jay." "So last night, Jay gave his state of the network speech, and he said that we should not blame Conan for what's going on. And I said to myself, 'No one is blaming Conan,'" Letterman told his crowd.
The feud between Letterman and Leno goes back decades, thanks to the two dueling for the 'Tonight Show' throne in anticipation of Johnny Carson stepping down.
Related: Conan O'Brien, NBC Reach $45 Million Divorce Deal
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Jessica Simpson rocks a new do at the Los Angeles premiere of "Extraordinary Measures" on January 19th.
Michael Tran, FilmMagic
Michael Tran, FilmMagic
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- George Clooney, Steve Wynn Have Heated Fight Over President Obama, Clooney Storms Off Dinner
- Kaley Cuoco's Faux Bob Inspired Her Real Bob: Stylist Spills All the Hair-Shearing Details
- Kate Hudson, Matthew Bellamy "So in Love" at Birthday and Anniversary Party
- #ThrowbackThursday: Go Back To A Time When Tori Spelling's Marital Problems With ?Soulmate' Dean McDermott Were His Farts!
- Kevin Clash, voice of Elmo, cleared of sex abuse charges
- Human Barbie shares workout video, scary skinny pics
- ?Shatner's World:' Boldly going into theaters one night only
- Shailene Woodley Loves "Dancing Around With Hairy Armpits" and "War Paint" at Hippie Festivals
- The Other Woman Review Roundup: Will Moviegoers Feel Cheated After Watching Comedy About Being Cheated On?
- Mekhi Phifer Shares Past Experience With Racial Profiling: "They Thought...I Had Kilos of Cocaine!"