Now It's Personal: Jay Leno Jokes About Dave Letterman's Marriage
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 21st 2010 08:17AM
During his monologue, Leno admitted that "Letterman has been hammering me every night," addressing the attacks to his crowd and band leader Kevin Eubanks. Leno continued, asking Eubanks: "Hey Kev, you know the best way to get Letterman to ignore you? Marry him. He will not bother you. He won't look you in the eye."
Leno, of course, was referencing Letterman's infidelity, which he announced on his show in 2009 in order to stave off an alleged extortionist. Letterman admitted that he had sexual affairs with members of his staff while he was married.
Letterman reamed Leno earlier this week, calling his current actions -- which many view as muscling Conan O'Brien out of NBC and the 'Tonight Show' chair -- "vintage Jay." "So last night, Jay gave his state of the network speech, and he said that we should not blame Conan for what's going on. And I said to myself, 'No one is blaming Conan,'" Letterman told his crowd.
The feud between Letterman and Leno goes back decades, thanks to the two dueling for the 'Tonight Show' throne in anticipation of Johnny Carson stepping down.
Related: Conan O'Brien, NBC Reach $45 Million Divorce Deal
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Jessica Simpson rocks a new do at the Los Angeles premiere of "Extraordinary Measures" on January 19th.
Michael Tran, FilmMagic
Michael Tran, FilmMagic
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev: My Sorority Did Not Kick Me Out For Hazing
- Charlo Greene Explains Why She Quit on Live TV With F-Word: Watch
- Shia LaBeouf Announces Bizarre Running-Inspired Performance Art Exhibit #Metamarathon
- I Was ?A Woman In Trauma,' Paula Deen Says Of Disastrous 2013 Appearance In Return To TODAY Show
- Strutting & Strolling! Kanye West, Kim Kardashian & North Land In London, Expected To Attend Paris Fashion Week
- Tim McGraw's Alleged Slapping Victim Jesslyn Taylor Opens Up For The First Time About Violent Hit To The Head: ?It Was Hard!’
- 'DWTS' recap: Michael Waltrip gets a flat; Sadie Robertson does ... country jazz?
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- Celebrity nude photo hacks still a problem
- Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Grey's Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife and More!
- Paula Deen Returns to Today After 15 Months: "I'm Here to Make People Happy, Not to Bring Sadness"
- Courteney Cox Celebrates Friends' 20th Anniversary, Got Engaged at Jennifer Aniston's House