First Person: Lady Gaga Leaves Crowd Breathless in Her Return To New York
By Bonnie Newman Posted Jan 21st 2010 01:50PM
Our PopEater gal on the ground got a last minute invite to Lady Gaga at Radio City Wednesday. Here's what she saw:
Radio City Music Hall was on FIRE last night as Lady Gaga kicked off the first of four sold out shows in her hometown of NYC. The night's hottest ticket did not disappoint; from the first chord of 'Dance In The Dark' through an electrifying encore performance of her hit 'Bad Romance', Lady Gaga was magic. Can we say we're surprised? Not at all.
The crowd looked like a collision course between a late night, live action 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' and Madonna's 1987 'Who's That Girl?' tour. The "little monsters" arrived clad in their Gaga-esque finest: blonde wigs, body suits, glitter, sequins, leather and chains, mini top hats, lightening bolts - a fashion smorgasbord of epic proportions. Some took the time to impersonate her, and others took her inspiration to create a whole new look uniquely their own.
And they came to party! Long before the night's main event, the house was alive and buzzing as Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits pumped through the sound system. All it took to transform Radio City Music Hall into the most fabulous club in New York City was the reigning princess of Pop - Lady Gaga. (More: See What Stars Went Gaga in NYC.)
The breakout star of '09 has come a long way since playing the city's local bar scene, but she made it very clear on Wednesday night that she'll never forget her roots or struggle to the reach the top. She brought down the house with her 'Ode to NYC' rendition of 'Poker Face,' which originally debuted on 'Late Night with David Letterman,' and put to bed the nasty little rumor that she's not actually from Manhattan (she is). But perhaps most importantly she made a point to repeatedly thank the many (and mostly costumed) fans whose support has helped catapult her to stardom.
Remember all proceeds from merchandise purchased on www.ladygaga.com as well as January 24th's Monster Ball show will be donated to the relief efforts in Haiti. Love Saint Gaga.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Christian music duo spreads God's message in debut album
- Alec Baldwin returning to TV as a host on Jan. 6 for TCM special
- 'Moonshiners' explain how they evade the law on national TV
- Audio: Paul Walker Dispatch Call Released
- Amanda Bynes: First Pics Back Home
- Paul Walker Death: Two Men Arrested for Allegedly Stealing Burned Porsche Part
- Paris Hilton Slams "Stupid Fake" Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Confusion Tweet
- Jen Arnold Diagnosed With Rare Cancer: Little Couple Star Undergoing Surgery and Chemo
- Kelly Clarkson Talks Pregnancy Morning Sickness on Ellen: "I Vomit a Good Dozen Times a Day"