Scott Baio Feels the Wrath After Insulting First Lady
By Marc Schneider Posted Jan 21st 2010 11:06AM
The actor, a staunch Republican, tweeted an unflattering photo of Obama and asked, "WOW He wakes up to this every morning." Before long, he was receiving disturbing messages, like this from a user named @Timafi, who wrote: "easy to find your house Scottie boy and finish YOU. I am a republican and I love Mrs O."
Onlookers quickly piled on with charges that the 'Happy Days' actor was being a woman-hating racist. In defense mode, Baio tweeted a photo of himself with his wife's best friend, who is black.
"Do I look like I'm racist? This is Renee's BEST frd. STOP USING THE RACE CARD!!!" he type-yelled.
He also reminded people he has directed episodes of 'The Parkers' and 'The Wayans Brothers.'
The 'Charles in Charge' alum has informed the FBI of the threats and is getting support from Twitter to track down the haters.
Baio must have known the jab would garner an angry response. While President Obama's approval ratings have been sinking and sinking in recent months, the First Lady remains widely popular. According to a new CBS News poll, 78 percent of Americans approve of how she's handling her job.
But the actor was adamant: it was a joke, people!
"One bad picture of a woman & everyone wants to bash me? If it had been of Palin ppl would have prob. cheered. I am NOT making fun of any1."
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Celebrity Scandal
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Schumer Dance on Billy Joel's Piano: Video
- Celine Dion Makes Emotional Return to Las Vegas Stage Amid Husband Rene Angelil's Cancer Fight
- Emily Ratajkowski Empties Out and Dishes to Us About What's In Her Bag
- 'Married to Medicine' star Jill Connors arrested for cruelty to children
- FOX411's star snaps of the day
- Will TLC's sex abuse documentary help network recover from scandals?
- Miley Cyrus Is Dating Victoria's Secret Angel Stella Maxwell (Just Not Exclusively): "I'm Not in a Relationship"
- Police Shut Down Jerry Seinfeld's Kids' Charity Lemonade Stand After Neighbor Complains—Was It Newman?!
- Michelle Pfeiffer Joins HBO Movie About Bernie Madoff and We Want to Make Her a Permanent TV Fixture