Scott Baio Feels the Wrath After Insulting First Lady
By Marc Schneider Posted Jan 21st 2010 11:06AM
The actor, a staunch Republican, tweeted an unflattering photo of Obama and asked, "WOW He wakes up to this every morning." Before long, he was receiving disturbing messages, like this from a user named @Timafi, who wrote: "easy to find your house Scottie boy and finish YOU. I am a republican and I love Mrs O."
Onlookers quickly piled on with charges that the 'Happy Days' actor was being a woman-hating racist. In defense mode, Baio tweeted a photo of himself with his wife's best friend, who is black.
"Do I look like I'm racist? This is Renee's BEST frd. STOP USING THE RACE CARD!!!" he type-yelled.
He also reminded people he has directed episodes of 'The Parkers' and 'The Wayans Brothers.'
The 'Charles in Charge' alum has informed the FBI of the threats and is getting support from Twitter to track down the haters.
Baio must have known the jab would garner an angry response. While President Obama's approval ratings have been sinking and sinking in recent months, the First Lady remains widely popular. According to a new CBS News poll, 78 percent of Americans approve of how she's handling her job.
But the actor was adamant: it was a joke, people!
"One bad picture of a woman & everyone wants to bash me? If it had been of Palin ppl would have prob. cheered. I am NOT making fun of any1."
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Celebrity Scandal
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sharon Stone Was Diva On Golden Boy Set, Made Outrageous Demands, Italian Filmmakers Claim
- Zoe Saldana Pole Dances With Marco Perego While Pregnant: Funny Video
- James Blunt Marries Sofia Wellesley, Celebrates In Lavish Majorca Ceremony: Details
- Sam Worthington Attends The Dew Tour Brooklyn Kickoff Party
- Back Off, Bullies! Kendall Jenner Befriends Alessandra Ambrosio After Mean Models Gang Up On Her At New York Fashion Week
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Melissa Rivers, Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember Joan Rivers' Humor—Watch the Touching Clip!
- Jonny Drubel Loses His Temper After Woman Rudely Tells Him to Not Wear Lip Gloss—Watch the Outrageous #RichKids Clip!
- Nattie Attacks Summer Rae and Pulls Her Out of a Car by Her Hair—See the Intense Total Divas Moment!