Scott Baio Feels the Wrath After Insulting First Lady
By Marc Schneider Posted Jan 21st 2010 11:06AM
The actor, a staunch Republican, tweeted an unflattering photo of Obama and asked, "WOW He wakes up to this every morning." Before long, he was receiving disturbing messages, like this from a user named @Timafi, who wrote: "easy to find your house Scottie boy and finish YOU. I am a republican and I love Mrs O."
Onlookers quickly piled on with charges that the 'Happy Days' actor was being a woman-hating racist. In defense mode, Baio tweeted a photo of himself with his wife's best friend, who is black.
"Do I look like I'm racist? This is Renee's BEST frd. STOP USING THE RACE CARD!!!" he type-yelled.
He also reminded people he has directed episodes of 'The Parkers' and 'The Wayans Brothers.'
The 'Charles in Charge' alum has informed the FBI of the threats and is getting support from Twitter to track down the haters.
Baio must have known the jab would garner an angry response. While President Obama's approval ratings have been sinking and sinking in recent months, the First Lady remains widely popular. According to a new CBS News poll, 78 percent of Americans approve of how she's handling her job.
But the actor was adamant: it was a joke, people!
"One bad picture of a woman & everyone wants to bash me? If it had been of Palin ppl would have prob. cheered. I am NOT making fun of any1."
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Celebrity Scandal
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie Steps Out After Wedding, Melissa Rivers on Joan Rivers: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Bill Murray Tears Tickets at St. Paul Saints Independent League Baseball Game, Catches First Pitch: Watch!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Aniston Wasn't Mad About Friends Reunion, That's Acting
- Rehab Vet Farrah Abraham Says ?I Have Faith In' Amber Portwood's Sobriety: ?Teen Mom' Frenemies No More
- Moving Trucks Spotted Outside Mariah Carey's Apartment Building ? Is This Really The End Of Her Marriage To Nick Cannon?
- Tony Stewart Speaks Out On Killing Fellow NASCAR Driver Kevin Ward Jr. —‘It Will Affect My Life Forever’
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- Comedian Tracy Morgan still struggling after crash
- Kate Mara and Max Minghella Split Up After 4 Years of Dating
- OMG! Giuliana & Bill Rancic Share Adorable Exclusive Photos of Son Duke on His 2nd Birthday—He's Gotten So Big!
- See Photos of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt on Their Wedding Day and Looking Gorgeous... in Mr. & Mrs. Smith!