Prince Salutes Minnesota Vikings with Fight Song
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 22nd 2010 01:52PM
Prince "saw the future" while watching the Vikings throttle the Cowboys last week. He's created a pop-slash-fight song to take Brett Favre and team to the Super Bowl. Diane von Furstenberg appeared on 'The View' to plug a new collection of home furnishings. And jilted mistress YaVaughnie Wilkins has spent $250,000 on billboards to take revenge on millionaire mogul Charles Phillips. This is What You're Searching For Today...
Prince Vikings Song – Chilling at a sportsbar, eating wings and slurping down a Bud is the last place you'd expect to find pop superstar Prince. But Prince is a football fan. Or maybe he's just a Minnesota fan. The 51-year-old Minneapolis native watched the Vikings smash the Cowboys last week, and according to Minneapolis' Fox affiliate, Prince "saw the future." He went home after the game, "wrote the song, 'Purpe and Gold,' and said the song came easy and fast." Now the R&B inflected fight song is taking the internet by storm. Better "Purple and Gold" than "Pants on the Ground."
Diane von Furstenberg – DVF appeared on 'The View' today to talk about "her career and the history behind some of her most memorable designs." The 63-year-old Belgian fashion legend appeared on the show just days after announcing the launch of a home décor line. "The design of your home is a reflection of who you are," von Furstenberg said in a statement. "Since my business is so textiles driven, this is a natural for me," she tells Home Furnishing News. It's the first "full, freestanding home collection" of the designer's illustrious career, according to Shelterpop. "What had held me back is that the distribution of home products is so odd," Von Furstenberg continued. The collection, made in partnership with Springs Global, will be released next January.
Charles Phillips and YaVaughnie Wilkins – Charles Phillips is the president of multi-billion dollar company Oracle. He made $19 million last year. Yavaughnie Wilkins was his mistress for 8 ½ years. They lived together and played together and went to social events together, but the whole time, Charles was married to another woman. Late last year, Charles Phillips "dumped" Yavaughnie Wilkins to reconcile with his wife. Wilkins didn't take the news too well. She's since spent $250,000 on revenge billboards across the country. "'You are my soulmate forever!' –cep," says a massive billboard in New York City's Time Square. It's just one of several embarassing billboards possibly timed to sabotage a major Oracle event planned for Jan. 27.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Bell Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Baby Girl With Dax Shepard: See Her Name!
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- This Guy Is Casually Hanging Out With Nicki Minaj's Naked Booty (Sorta)—See the Funny Pic!
- Kris Jenner Talks Finalizing Bruce Jenner Divorce—Plus, Will They Still Celebrate Christmas Together? Watch Now!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Another Baby Girl, Their Second Child Together—Check Out Her Name!