YaVaughnie Wilkins and Charles Phillips' Billboard Break-Up
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 22nd 2010 04:42PM
Love makes people do crazy things. Spurned love makes people do even crazier things, like spend $250,000 on billboards publicly smearing an ex-lover's name. That's what YaVaughnie Wilkins did to married tech titan Charles Phillips, with whom she had an 8 ½ year affair. The billboards, posted in New York, Atlanta, and San Francisco were taken down today after almost a week of very public revenge. But the damage has been done.
Phillips, multi-millionaire president of Oracle and advisor to Barack Obama, released a statement on Thursday admitting to the affair.
"I had an eight-and-a-half year serious relationship with YaVaughnie Wilkins. The relationship with Ms. Wilkins has since ended and we both wish each other well," Phillips said.
Someone is clearly a little confused.
Thousands of passersby wondered exactly what the billboards, showing the entwined couple smiling brightly, meant. "You are my soulmate forever!" the massive postings read, alluding to words of endearment allegedly uttered by "cep," Charles E. Phillips.
"Forever" ended late last year when Phillips, 50, reconciled with wife Karen and moved into their Upper West Side home with 10-year-old son Chas.
You won't find Chas or Karen in the a website (now taken down) promoted on YaVaughnie's billboards. The site, which went up in November or December, is described as "a shrine to their affair, with pictures chronicling their travels around the world from 2001, including the Great Wall of China and Sydney Harbour, as well as ticket stubs from concerts, films, sports games and President Obama's inauguration," according to the Daily Mail.
According to a Gawker poster who claims to be a "close friend of the couple," Charles "portrayed himself as having been legally divorced in 2003."
Court documents show that Karen filed for divorce in 2008, but the action never went through. As late as last November, Charles was reportedly giving the impression that his marriage was officially over. But according to Gawker, Charles and Karen were very much an item again in December, as he gave a public speech praising, or rather, "sucking up to her big time."
In light of recent events, it looks like Phillips is going to have to do a lot more than sucking up.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Guy Ritchie Kisses Bride Jacqui Ainsley at Wedding Bash: More Stunning Photos!
- Whitney Cummings Goes Topless After 25-Pound Weight Gain Reveal: Photo
- Brooke Shields Poses by Blue Lagoon Sign 35 Years After Iconic Film
- 'Office' star Creed Bratton will eat his dog if you don't see his show
- BatDad: Internet sensation says $10 he spent on mask best money he ever spent
- Is Hilary Swank dating 'Bachelorette' contestant Kasey Stewart?
- Did Christina Applegate and Christian Ever Actually Date? Watch and See Their Answers!
- Russell Wilson Signs 4 Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension With Seahawks, Ciara Tweets Congrats ''to my Baby''
- Her Outfit Costs What?! Reese Witherspoon's $1,037 Summer-Perfect Street Style