YaVaughnie Wilkins and Charles Phillips' Billboard Break-Up
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 22nd 2010 04:42PM
Love makes people do crazy things. Spurned love makes people do even crazier things, like spend $250,000 on billboards publicly smearing an ex-lover's name. That's what YaVaughnie Wilkins did to married tech titan Charles Phillips, with whom she had an 8 ½ year affair. The billboards, posted in New York, Atlanta, and San Francisco were taken down today after almost a week of very public revenge. But the damage has been done.
Phillips, multi-millionaire president of Oracle and advisor to Barack Obama, released a statement on Thursday admitting to the affair.
"I had an eight-and-a-half year serious relationship with YaVaughnie Wilkins. The relationship with Ms. Wilkins has since ended and we both wish each other well," Phillips said.
Someone is clearly a little confused.
Thousands of passersby wondered exactly what the billboards, showing the entwined couple smiling brightly, meant. "You are my soulmate forever!" the massive postings read, alluding to words of endearment allegedly uttered by "cep," Charles E. Phillips.
"Forever" ended late last year when Phillips, 50, reconciled with wife Karen and moved into their Upper West Side home with 10-year-old son Chas.
You won't find Chas or Karen in the a website (now taken down) promoted on YaVaughnie's billboards. The site, which went up in November or December, is described as "a shrine to their affair, with pictures chronicling their travels around the world from 2001, including the Great Wall of China and Sydney Harbour, as well as ticket stubs from concerts, films, sports games and President Obama's inauguration," according to the Daily Mail.
According to a Gawker poster who claims to be a "close friend of the couple," Charles "portrayed himself as having been legally divorced in 2003."
Court documents show that Karen filed for divorce in 2008, but the action never went through. As late as last November, Charles was reportedly giving the impression that his marriage was officially over. But according to Gawker, Charles and Karen were very much an item again in December, as he gave a public speech praising, or rather, "sucking up to her big time."
In light of recent events, it looks like Phillips is going to have to do a lot more than sucking up.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ryan Dorsey, Naya Rivera's New Husband: 5 Things to Know
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Set to Marry in New Movie By the Sea
- Hilary Duff's "Chasing the Sun" Single to Introduce Fall 2014 Album, Return to Music
- Police: ?There Are Moments And Pictures That Our Staff Will Never Forget' In Gory Craigslist Crime Scene
- Selena Gomez Jet-skiing and Parasailing in St. Tropez With Mystery Man
- RHONJ’s Jacqueline Laurita’s Daughter Ashlee Holmes Stars In Controversial Music Video ? Disses Kim Kardashian!
- Man found dead after disappearing at Jason Aldean concert
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Adele's 1-year-old son wins lawsuit against paparazzi
- Aviva Drescher Explains Why She Tossed Her Fake Leg at Someone on Real Housewives of New York City
- Eric Decker & Erin Heatherton's Hot Buffalo David Bitton Photo Shoot—Go Behind the Scenes Now!
- Hilary Duff Announces New Single "Chasing the Sun" and Sets an Album Release Date for Fall 2014