Why We Don't Buy the Brangelina Split Rumors
The rumor that the world's most famous couple -- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie -- has called it quits has spread like wildfire after British tabloid News of The World revealed the details of an alleged legal separation agreement between Brangelina (even through they are not legally married!). However, for several big reasons, Naughty But Nice and PopEater don't buy it. After the jump, we explain how you'll know when Brad and Angie are really over.
In the News of the World report, the British tabloid claims the duo have signed a $300+ million separation agreement, breaking down the financial and familial details of a post-Brangelina world.
"Angie knows better than anyone in Hollywood that a picture is worth a thousand words. She announced she was dating Brad when picture emerged of them together on a very secluded beach," a senior editor of a major entertainment outlet told me. Hmmm, I wonder who tipped that photographer off?
Then there was the time pictures leaked of Angie, Brad and son Maddox playing family together in the garden of a private estate in England. And let's not forget every child Angelina has had have all been announced in gorgeous, glossy pictures on the cover of People magazine.
Now, PEOPLE -- Brangelina's publication of choice -- is reporting that the rumors are "totally false" and that "everything is fine" between the couple, citing a source inside the couple's camp. Also, a TMZ source declares the split report as "B.S."
Ian Halperin, author of the book 'Brangelina,' details Jolie's media finessing in his book. He told PopEater in December: "I don't think she's evil, but she's definitely manipulative and she's definitely scheming. She's an amazing deflector of criticism in the press. She knows how to do amazing spin doctoring." Halperin also predicted the supercouple would last no more than 15-18 months.
"I will not believe the couple has split until Angie stages a picture of her and the kids all alone stating in front of the Taj Mahal," a friend of the actress tells me. We're guessing that picture will be on the cover of People magazine -- not the shady News of The World.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Splitsville -
- Exclusives -
- Hottest Stories -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Brad Pitt
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Whitney Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, found unresponsive in tub
- Celebs and sports stars converge for pre-Super Bowl party
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Stephen Fry urges UK to pardon gay men
- Super Bowl: 'Key & Peele' Mocks "Backwards" 'Selma' Snubs (Video)
- Samuel Goldwyn: Remembering the Movie Mogul on the Anniversary of His Death
- Box Office: 'American Sniper' Targets Super Bowl Record, Heads for $250M
- The Avengers Face Ultron in This New 'Age of Ultron' TV Spot
- Check Out This Terrifying New Dinosaur From 'Jurassic World'
- Tatiana Maslany Nabs Lead Role in 'Star Wars' Spinoff: Rumor Alert!