Here's the Situation: 'Jersey Shore' Stars Want Raises
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 24th 2010 09:29AM
According to TMZ, sources connected with the negotiations reveal that the cast has rejected offers to give each 5 large, er, $5,000 per episode in addition to a $10,000 signing bonus. But with the show being such a big hit -- the season finale attracted 4.8 million onlookers -- they have demanded much bigger raises.
Sources say MTV bumped up the offer to $10,000 per episode, but they haven't responded. So, that's the situation regarding those lovable, mostly Italian-American 20-somethings.
Some members of 'The Hills' reportedly scored $100,000 per episode of that MTV franchise.
More from TMZ: "We've also learned MTV has a contractual hold on the cast for another year, so technically Snooki and company have no right to renegotiate -- but it's done all the time with hit shows."
Meanwhile, police say fans of the show deluged a New Jersey nightclub Friday night, forcing the closure of a thoroughfare and leading to the arrests of four people. Property owner Dick Grabowsky told the Newark Star-Ledger that about 2,000 people showed up at the 501 Lounge in Montclair on Friday night. He says the club has a capacity of 800.
Montclair Police Chief David Sabagh says fights broke out among the crowds who gathered for the advertised meet and greet with the cast of the hit reality TV show. Four people were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and drunken driving.
Police closed a stretch of the main business strip outside the club for two hours.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate; Matthew McConaughey Hits Red Carpet With Adorable Kids: Top 5 Stories
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Bewitched Reboot Scores NBC Deal: New Show Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter Daphne
- Hank Baskett Caught Wearing Wedding Band While Grocery Shopping ? After Kendra Kicked Him To The Curb
- Jodi Arias Seeking Help From Admirers To Help Raise $250,000 For Appeals ? Has Already Raised $30,000