Who Is Worth More: 'Jersey Shore' or 'The Hills'?
By Steven Avalos Posted Jan 25th 2010 02:22PM
TMZ, the cast isn't budging and now the network is threatening to replace 'Jersey' favs like Snooki and The Situation if they don't accept MTV's deal by Monday evening. (To put it into perspective, Brody Jenner makes almost the same as the 'Jersey' stars, just for small cameos on 'The Hills.') So why can't MTV throw a guido a break? After the jump, see 'Jersey Shore' and 'Hills' salaries.
Salary disputes for reality television are nothing new, especially at MTV. In Fall 2008 (at the height of 'The Hills' popularity), rumblings of salary demands began to circulate on various blogs, with PopCrunch reporting that Lauren Conrad was raking in $75,000 an episode ($1.4 million per year) and Heidi Montag was making $65K per episode ($1.25 million annually). The full roundup:
Lauren Conrad: $75,000 per episode ($1.4 million per year)
Heidi Montag: $65,000 per episode ($1.25 million per year)
Spencer Pratt: $65,000 per episode ($1.25 million per year)
Audrina Patridge: $35,000 per episode ($665,000 annually)
Whitney Port: $20,000 per episode ($380,000 per season)
Brody Jenner: $10,000 per episode ($190,000 a year)
Lauren "Lo" Bosworth: $10,000 per episode ($190,00 for The Hills Season 4)
Stephanie Pratt: $8,000 per episode ($152,00 for Season 4)
The lowest earner was Spencer Pratt's little sister, Stephanie, who was said to be earning almost $10,000 an episode, which is about on par with what Snooki and the gang are being offered. So is it fair to be paying a key-character like The Situation the same amount as Pratt? We definitely disagree -- at the very least he should be making a few thousand per ab. We may be in a recession but the controversial 'Jersey Shore' has been a bona fide hit for the network.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Kanye West and Amber Rose continue to rock their fur at the Dior Homme fashion show in Paris.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONY Secrets Revealed Recap: Kristen and Josh Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary Before His Ashley Madison Scandal
- Teen Mom 2 Recap: Leah Messer Skips Rehab After Learning She May Lose Custody of Twins
- Party Down South Recap: Mattie Lynn Breaux Eats Chest Hair, Daddy Passes Out in Driveway
- Tori Spelling suing Benihana over burns from falling on grill
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Giada de Laurentiis' Divorce Finalized, Chef Ordered to Pay Ex Husband $9,000 in Monthly Child Support
- Hipster Barbie Hilariously Mocks Being "Authentic" on Instagram
- Has The Bachelorette's Josh Murray Found Love Again?! Andi Dorfman's Ex Posts Cryptic Pic With Beautiful Blonde