Jay Leno Keeps It Civil in First Post-Conan Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 26th 2010 07:03AM
Leno's monologue was almost entirely politically-based, perhaps as a sign to viewers and NBC that the feud is over and things can go back to a sense of normalcy. Following jokes about John McCain, John Edwards, George W. Bush and President Barack Obama, Leno's only reference to 'Tonight'-gate was when he was talking about John Mayer's recent Rolling Stone interview in which he talks about how masturbating got him out of many bad situations. "I think he has what it takes to be an NBC executive," Leno joked.
The easy route could have been a tie-in to Conan's "masturbating bear" skit, but with O'Brien out of his way, Leno kept things civil.
As part of his termination deal, O'Brien was forced to sign a non-disparagement clause, which prohibits him from talking negatively about NBC. So, maybe Leno doesn't want to hit a man who can't hit back?
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Kanye West and Amber Rose continue to rock their fur at the Dior Homme fashion show in Paris.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Steve Jobs Movie Cast Finalized With Michael Fassbender, Seth Rogen
- Blink-182's Tom DeLonge Slams Band Drama on Facebook, Says Their Relationship Is "Poisoned"
- Bruce Jenner Has New Plump Lips: Pictures
- Blake Shelton to make movie debut in Adam Sandler Western spoof
- Former 'Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta' star Benzino arrested at airport for having loaded gun in bag
- 2015 Super Bowl ads hot or not? Puppies, Kardashians, ex jocks, oh my
- Glee Has a "Babe Cave" and It's Awesome: Check it Out Now!
- Christina Milian Poses in Spongebob Clothes, Shares New Photos of Her Adorable Daughter—See All of Her Latest Pics!
- Taryn Manning's Stalker Sentenced to 45 Days in Jail and Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment Program