Jay Leno Keeps It Civil in First Post-Conan Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 26th 2010 07:03AM
Leno's monologue was almost entirely politically-based, perhaps as a sign to viewers and NBC that the feud is over and things can go back to a sense of normalcy. Following jokes about John McCain, John Edwards, George W. Bush and President Barack Obama, Leno's only reference to 'Tonight'-gate was when he was talking about John Mayer's recent Rolling Stone interview in which he talks about how masturbating got him out of many bad situations. "I think he has what it takes to be an NBC executive," Leno joked.
The easy route could have been a tie-in to Conan's "masturbating bear" skit, but with O'Brien out of his way, Leno kept things civil.
As part of his termination deal, O'Brien was forced to sign a non-disparagement clause, which prohibits him from talking negatively about NBC. So, maybe Leno doesn't want to hit a man who can't hit back?
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Kanye West and Amber Rose continue to rock their fur at the Dior Homme fashion show in Paris.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Growing Baby Bump and Legs in Another Tight LBD -- See Her Chic Maternity Wear!
- Rachel Bilson Is Taking Full Maternity Leave, Jaime King Dishes on Hart of Dixie Costar's Baby Shower
- Minnie Driver: Parents Who Put Kids in Showbiz Are "Desperate and Conflicted"
- Animal Abuse? After Eviction, Jon Gosselin Abandons Tiny Kitten In Rental Home!
- Judge Denies Teresa Giudice's Halfway House Plea, Bureau Of Prisons To Determine Final Placement
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face