Jay Leno Keeps It Civil in First Post-Conan Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 26th 2010 07:03AM
Leno's monologue was almost entirely politically-based, perhaps as a sign to viewers and NBC that the feud is over and things can go back to a sense of normalcy. Following jokes about John McCain, John Edwards, George W. Bush and President Barack Obama, Leno's only reference to 'Tonight'-gate was when he was talking about John Mayer's recent Rolling Stone interview in which he talks about how masturbating got him out of many bad situations. "I think he has what it takes to be an NBC executive," Leno joked.
The easy route could have been a tie-in to Conan's "masturbating bear" skit, but with O'Brien out of his way, Leno kept things civil.
As part of his termination deal, O'Brien was forced to sign a non-disparagement clause, which prohibits him from talking negatively about NBC. So, maybe Leno doesn't want to hit a man who can't hit back?
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Kanye West and Amber Rose continue to rock their fur at the Dior Homme fashion show in Paris.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cher Stars in Marc Jacobs' Fall 2015 Ad Campaign: See the Fierce Photo!
- Tracy Morgan Settles With Walmart After Devastating Car Crash: Details
- Kendall Jenner, Lewis Hamilton Texting, Crushing on Each Other After Monaco Weekend: Details, Photos
- Tracy Morgan settles suit with Wal-Mart over fatal crash
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans is wanted in Fla.
- Radio host in trouble for killing rabbit on air