Jay Leno Keeps It Civil in First Post-Conan Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 26th 2010 07:03AM
Leno's monologue was almost entirely politically-based, perhaps as a sign to viewers and NBC that the feud is over and things can go back to a sense of normalcy. Following jokes about John McCain, John Edwards, George W. Bush and President Barack Obama, Leno's only reference to 'Tonight'-gate was when he was talking about John Mayer's recent Rolling Stone interview in which he talks about how masturbating got him out of many bad situations. "I think he has what it takes to be an NBC executive," Leno joked.
The easy route could have been a tie-in to Conan's "masturbating bear" skit, but with O'Brien out of his way, Leno kept things civil.
As part of his termination deal, O'Brien was forced to sign a non-disparagement clause, which prohibits him from talking negatively about NBC. So, maybe Leno doesn't want to hit a man who can't hit back?
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Kanye West and Amber Rose continue to rock their fur at the Dior Homme fashion show in Paris.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gwyneth Paltrow Nominates Ex Chris Martin in Ice Bucket Challenge -- Watch Her Bikini Video Here!
- Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split After Three Years of Dating: Details
- Robert Pattinson Completed The Ice Bucket Challenge Using a Sauce Pan and Hose -- Watch His Adorable Video Shared By Zac Efron Here
- You've Got ? A Split! Meg Ryan Throws Herself Into Filming Upcoming Movie ?Ithaca' After John Mellencamp Break Up Report
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- Robin Williams' Ashes Have Been Scattered in the San Francisco Bay
- Miley Cyrus to Attend the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards After Causing Uproar at Last Year's Show With Robin Thicke
- Foo Fighters Frontman Dave Grohl Welcomes Baby Girl Six Days Before His Dad's Tragic Death