'Idol' Isn't Afraid of Tardy Simon Cowell Anymore
'Idol' Leaks Late Simon News
After nine seasons without so much as a whisper ever leaking to the press about Simon Cowell's on-set behavior, why all of a sudden does news break that the lead judge was late for taping? The answer: Because he's leaving, and they're not afraid of him anymore
"You should expect many more nasty leaks about Simon. The show no longer feels the need to protect him," a source close to 'Idol' production tells me. "Simon has been late for years and is baffled that all of a sudden, after he announces he is leaving the show, leaks to the press have started to occur."
It might be a smart move for the show to put down its biggest asset in the hope that new judge, Ellen DeGeneres, look like the victim. But, I say -- where is your loyalty, 'Idol'? No one likes a tattle-tale, and Simon -- no one likes being kept waiting. Get a new watch, you can certainly afford it!
Why Angie and Brad Really Met With Lawyers
Sources tell me that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt did meet with lawyers a few months ago, but not to sign any breakup document. Instead, it was to sign a living will.
"The couple are not married and have no intention of getting married, which leaves them in a very difficult position should anything happen to either one of them," a source told me. "Angelina has a very difficult relationship with her dad, who is her biological next of kin following the death of her mother, and wanted to make sure that if, God forbid, anything happens to her Brad has complete control."
And considering the dangerous countries and situations Angie puts herself in (and that she has six kids), this makes total sense to me. So ignore the silly breakup rumors and sleep easy knowing that, like any responsible and unmarried parents, Angie and Brad's affairs are in perfect order!
Jay Leno's Redemption Tour -- Oprah's Idea!
Where does every celebrity who's in trouble end up? No, not jail -- Oprah's couch. That's exactly where Jay Leno found himself Tuesday, taping an episode that will air this Thursday.
Sources tell the sit-down was Oprah's idea and that Jay's people were surprised when O's camp reached out.
"Oprah is a genius. And like all great relationships, both benefit from being part of it. Oprah will get huge ratings and Jay will finally get to tell his side of the story in a safe environment," a TV insider tells me.
And if all goes well, sources tell me Jay may be doing even more interviews before he returns to 'The Tonight Show' after the Olympics. Goodness knows he's got his work cut of for him, but I, for one, am willing to give him a second chance.
Want to Chow Down WIth Rachael Ray, Paula Deen and Emeril? I Know How
Have you ever wanted to sip cocktails with Sandra Lee, eat burgers with Rachael Ray ... even dance at midnight with Rocco DiSpirito or hang out with Paula Deen? Well now you can.
Food Network's South Beach Wine and Food Festival is bringing together all your favorite culinary stars together in a delicious festival from February 25-28 in Miami Beach. Go to sobefest.com to get tickets to this Super Bowl of food and wine. The festival, produced by Lee Brian Schrager, is in its ninth year, and if Rocco's dance card is too full, you can dance with me, because I'm going for sure. My waltz is rusty, but I can salsa with the best of them!
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Grammys -
- American Idol -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers in Medically Induced Coma After Experiencing Complications During Surgery
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Are Married; Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox have Friends Reunion: Top 5 Stories
- Britney Spears and Boyfriend David Lucado Split: Details
- Britney ?Betrayed!' Boyfriend Caught On Tape With Another Woman ? She's ?Devastated,' Says Source
- ?Begin Again' With Adam Levine Hits Theaters In Re-Release ? WATCH His Extended Performance Of ?Lost Stars'
- Oral Argument: New Tell-All Claims Katie Couric Joked Diane Sawyer ?Blew' Source For Story
- New Zack Morris: Unauthorized story 'a love letter' to Saved By The Bell
- Pregnant or burrito grande?
- Joan Rivers in intensive care, critical condition at hospital
- Mila Kunis Continues to Go to Yoga as Her Baby Bump Gets Bigger and Bigger
- Total Divas Star Ariane Andrew Dishes on Boyfriend Vincent: "Maybe We'll Have a Wedding in the Future"
- Miley Cyrus Poses Naked With a Bunch of Stuffed Animals for V Magazine—See the Racy Pics!