Tim Tebow to Appear in Controversial Super Bowl Ad
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 26th 2010 08:50AM
Tim Tebow will make his most public political proclamation yet in a 30-second spot that may be the most controversial in the Super Bowl's history. In other news, Corinne Bailey Rae's new album The Sea is dedicated to her recently deceased husband Jason. And John Travolta is delivering aid to Haiti in the form of... Scientologists? You heard correct. This is What You're Searching for Today...
Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad - $2.5 million is $2.5 million, no matter who it comes from. That's how much conservative Christian group Focus on the Family spent on a 30-second spot for the upcoming Super Bowl. In perhaps the most controversial 30-seconds in the big game's 43-year history, megastar college quarterback Tim Tebow is expected to promote a pro-life campaign called "Celebrate family, celebrate life." CBS has OK'd a preliminary script that is widely believed to recount the story of Tebow's birth, which doctors advised against after his mother became ill while on a mission trip to the Philippines.
Corinne Bailey Rae – The English singer-songwriter was in the middle of working on the follow-up to her smash debut when tragedy struck. In March 2008, Jason Rae, saxophonist, college sweetheart and Corinne Bailey's husband was found dead in an England loft of an apparent methadone overdose. Corinne's life was shattered. The Sea, which hits shelves today, was supposed to be full of "dreamy, groove-based tunes" such as her 2006 hit "Put Your Records On." Instead, it became a testament to her struggle with grief. "It's from 'grave," the singer tells ABC News of the term, "which means 'heavy,' It's a thing that lands on you, and there is nothing you can do to sort of make it work."
John Travolta Haiti – The people of quake-ravaged Haiti can use all the help they can get. Yesterday, they got John Travolta and a plane full of Scientologists. Travolta piloted his own Boeing 707, stocked with four tons of supplies, and a team of doctors and Scientology ministers, into Port-au-Prince on Monday. It was the second airborne shipment arranged by Travolta in a week. Over the weekend, the AFP reported on some of the treatment Scientologists were providing on the ground. One single leg amputee was at risk of having his other leg amputated before a Parisian volunteer named Sylvie touched him. The victim described the sensation as "a sort of harmony between the nerves, a kind of exercise. I couldn't feel at all, but then I could." A US doctor told the AFP, "I didn't know touching could heal gangrene." He probably should have spoken to John Travolta earlier.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 9: Meet the New Housewives Elizabeth "Lizzie" Rovsek and Shannon Beador
- Bachelor Juan Pablo's Obscene Comment to Clare Crawley, Celebs React to His Pick: Top Stories
- Simon Cowell's Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Shows Off Post-Baby Body in Sheer Top: See the Look!
- ?Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills' Is Too Fake! Producers Want New Cast Members To Be REAL Friends With The Ladies
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The Originals Shocker: Star Claire Holt Exiting the Series—Find Out What Happened to Rebekah!
- Real Housewives of New York's Shocking Confession, Glee's Tear-Jerking Nationals Performance and More OMG TV Moments
- Juan Pablo Galavis Releases Video Montage of His Best Moments With Nikki Ferrell from The Bachelor and Beyond—Watch Now!