Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz Engaged?
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 27th 2010 08:06PM
Alicia Keys is off the market. She's been off the market for at least a year, but now the star is REALLY off the market. UsMagazine.com is reporting Alicia got engaged to producer/rapper Swizz Beatz over the weekend. The site's got a ring pic to prove it. No word from R&B singer Mashonda, the influential producer's outspoken ex. Still, we think "No One" can get in the way of how Alicia feels about her man...
The proposal reportedly occurred in Hawaii on Jan. 24, a day before Keys' 29th birthday. She was snapped by paparazzi flashing a 7-carat diamond while strolling the beach with her man.
A friend of the couple tells Us, "She is thrilled. She is with the man who has inspired so much of her music and her new album [The Element of Freedom]."
No word on how Us knows the rock is 7-carats. Must be their crack team of forensic photo experts.
Swizz Beatz admitted to the romance with Keys last May, after hinting at it in a remix for Drake's "Best I Ever Had."
"Wake up in the morning and my baby cooked me breakfast, A's naked wearing nothing but a necklace," Beatz, real name Joseph Dean, raps on the re-imagined hit.
"What we have is so precious," he told the Daily News.
The romance must be more precious to the producer than his previous marriage to singer Mashonda, with whom Beatz has a young child. The two have been finalizing their split since February when the divorce was initially filed.
In an open letter published last September, Mashonda wrote, "If you are reading this Alicia, let me start by saying, you know what you did." She continues, "You know how you contributed to the ending of my marriage... If it's so, that you and my husband are meant to be together, then God bless you both and I hope you never have to deal with what I did."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicki Minaj Suffers Yet Another TV Nip Slip During Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen
- The Interview's Theatrical Release Pulled: Celebrities Like Judd Apatow, Jimmy Kimmel, Rob Lowe Are Appalled -- Read Their Shocked Tweets
- Amber Portwood's Father, Shawn Portwood, Sr., Dead at 50 After Liver Surgery
- Does Hollywood try to have it both ways regarding torture?
- Expert: '90 percent' sure North Korea behind cyberattack on Sony
- Terrible celebrity hair
- Why Eddie Redmayne Had to "Take Some Time Off" After Playing Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur: Who Won Season 29? Plus, Find Out What's In Store for Season 30!
- About American Horror Story's Devastating and Shocking Pepper Episode...