Angelina Jolie Reveals Touching Tribute to Late Mom
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 27th 2010 06:12AM
Amid all of the split allegations, Angelina Jolie is making headlines in a more emotional and heartfelt capacity, as the superstar and her brother James have unveiled a video tribute to their late mother, Marcheline Bertrand. Bertrand, who had Jolie with actor Jon Voight, passed away from ovarian cancer on January 27, 2007. Today marks the three year anniversary of her passing.
The video, which opens with a title card that reads: "One place Marcheline always love was Hawaii ... She made many happy memories for her family there." In the tribute, home videos purportedly from 1981 show a then-six-year-old Jolie and her brother playing on the beach. Bertrand introduces her children on the video, and is then seen dancing the hula with Jolie on the beach.
After many more clips of Bertrand in Hawaii, the video closes with the statement: ""We Miss You Mom... With Love Angelina and James."
As Jolie's fame skyrocketed, she often credited her mother with being the key figure in her family. Jolie has always had a difficult relationship with her father, actor Jon Voight.
Following Bertrand's death, Jolie gave a revealing interview to Ann Curry on 'Today,' saying that her mother "was extraordinary, so full of kindness and love." Jolie also said that she hopes to one day be "even a sliver of what my mother was."
"She was one of those women who would spend weeks to plan the right birthday party ... And to write four drafts to get the right birthday card ready that said all those things that were emotional, and you could save them and that meant something," Jolie said of her mother.
Angelina Jolie Snapshots
Angelina Jolie is seen here smiling and sporting some faux-grey hair as she films her new movie 'Salt' in New York City. Click for More Angelina Photos >>>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- 'Bob's Burgers' Creator Spills the Show's Secret to Success
- Todd McCarthy: Richard Corliss, "A Populist Critic in the Best Way"
- Sarah Hyland Talks Producing and Playing Complicated in 'See You In Valhalla' (Q&A)
- The Top 10 Cheesiest Movie Quotes of All Time
- 8 Bizarre Batman Facts You (Probably) Don't Know
- 9 Things We Want to See on 'Fuller House'