'Poltergeist' Star Zelda Rubinstein Dies at 76
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 27th 2010 05:30PM
Stevens tells RadarOnline.com, "She had ongoing health issues and unfortunately they finally overtook her."
"At 1:59 this morning Zelda left us. She was very much at peace when she finally rested. I'm so sad right now, but I'm glad I was here to be with her and hold her hand," a friend of the actress said.
She was hospitalized in Los Angeles in December after two of her major organs failed. According to reports, friends and family insisted Rubinstein was on the mend earlier this month.
A friends adds, "She was very much at peace when she finally rested... The world has definitely lost someone very special."
'Poltergeist' was Rubinstein's big break in Hollywood, but she also appeared in 'Poltergeist II: The Other Side,' 'National Lampoon's Last Resort' and 'Sixteen Candles.' Her other credits include 'Caroline in the City,' 'Picket Fences' and 'Mr. Belvedere.'
Recently Departed Celebrities
Pernell Roberts, star of long-running western 'Bonanza' and 'Trapper John, MD' passed away at the age of 81.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer: 'It's Her.' 'Good. Kill Her.' (Video)
- Tom Cruise Developing Another 'Jack Reacher' Movie
- Actress Eleanor Parker Dies at 91
- Britney Spears is right: 5 reasons ?Chaotic' is her worst career move ever ? VIDEO
- ?Time' 2013 Person of the Year finalists: Miley Cyrus, President Obama among top 10
- ?Super Mario 3D World' review: The portly plumber's latest is totally pawesome
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91
- AFI Reveals Top 10 Movies of 2013
- And the 10 Most Overpaid Actors Are...