'Poltergeist' Star Zelda Rubinstein Dies at 76
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 27th 2010 05:30PM
Stevens tells RadarOnline.com, "She had ongoing health issues and unfortunately they finally overtook her."
"At 1:59 this morning Zelda left us. She was very much at peace when she finally rested. I'm so sad right now, but I'm glad I was here to be with her and hold her hand," a friend of the actress said.
She was hospitalized in Los Angeles in December after two of her major organs failed. According to reports, friends and family insisted Rubinstein was on the mend earlier this month.
A friends adds, "She was very much at peace when she finally rested... The world has definitely lost someone very special."
'Poltergeist' was Rubinstein's big break in Hollywood, but she also appeared in 'Poltergeist II: The Other Side,' 'National Lampoon's Last Resort' and 'Sixteen Candles.' Her other credits include 'Caroline in the City,' 'Picket Fences' and 'Mr. Belvedere.'
Recently Departed Celebrities
Pernell Roberts, star of long-running western 'Bonanza' and 'Trapper John, MD' passed away at the age of 81.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tori Spelling suing Benihana over burns from falling on grill
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Style Notes: Giuseppe Zanotti Partners With K-Pop Star; Philip Lim Enlists Artist for NYFW Show
- What to Read During New York Fashion Week (and Beyond)
- Rep Sheet Roundup: Damon Wayans Signs With ICM Partners
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Benicio Del Toro Confirms 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Villain Role
- Dean Jones, Star of '60s Disney Classics, Dies at 84
- Rosario Dawson, Theo Rossi Join Marvel's 'Luke Cage'