Group Claims Black Eyed Peas Stole 'Boom Boom Pow'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 28th 2010 06:19AM
In a statement published by HipHopWired.com (via Perez), a lawyer for Phoenix Phenom says: "My clients submitted their copyrighted song 'Boom Dynamite' to Interscope Records after Interscope had shown interest in some of their music, and the Black Eyed Peas later copied the song when they wrote "Boom Boom Pow." A simple listening of the two songs will tell you that the songs are substantially similar, and that the hooks of the two songs are virtually identical in rhythm and lyrics."
The Black Eyed Peas' key songwriter, Will.I.Am, has been accused of musical plagiarism several times in the past. Will and the entire Peas clan was sued in September of 2009 on similar ground, when the group Grounded Music claimed that Fergie's song 'Voodoo Doll' was a "substantially and strikingly similar" to their tune 'Waterfall.'
Earlier in 2008, they faced similar legal claims when the group Freeland accused them of stealing their song 'Mancry' for the Peas tune 'Party All the Time.'
LOS ANGELES, CA - JANUARY 27: Singer Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson arrives at the world premiere of Touchstone Pictures' "When in Rome" held at the El Capitan Theater on January 27, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- NYPD investigating Amanda Bynes' allegations of sexual assault
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- WATCH: Oprah On Americans Who 'Take Pills Like Candy'
- Roman Polanski's Shocking Words On Women
- Snooki Flaunts Tiny Waist In Sports Bra
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?
- Selena Gomez and Jaden Smith Dine in London
- Amanda Bynes Tweets Post-Arrest: 'I Don't Drink or Do Drugs'