A-list Stars Echo Obama's State of the Union Push for A Clean Energy Economy
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 28th 2010 02:48PM
The new campaign "This is Our Moment" sheds light on the Clean Energy, Jobs and American Power Act, which "will break foreign oil's stranglehold on our country, reduce carbon pollution, and create jobs right here in America -- good jobs that pay well and can't be outsourced," the organization's press release states. Watch:
The bill, which passed the House of Representatives in June 2009, is now pending in the Senate.
"This is our moment – our moment to fight for a cleaner and more secure future," said DiCaprio. "The time is now for people across the country to stand up and have their voices heard. We all must call on the Senate to act on this historic opportunity."
In the PSA, DiCaprio is joined by A-listers Jason Bateman, Chace Crawford, Felicity Huffman, Justin Long, Edward Norton, Emmy Rossum and Forest Whitaker.
"Americans want real action to address climate change and move our country toward a clean energy future," NRDC President Frances Beinecke said in a press release. "This is one of the most important pieces of legislation of our time – we cannot let our moment pass us by. Our Senators need to hear all of us loud and clear."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Comic-Con: 'Vikings' Season 3 Trailer Promises More Brutal Battles (Video)
- Comic-Con: Fox Debuts 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer, Cast Talk 200th Episode (Video)
- Comic-Con: Film Beats Theater 'Every Time' for Daniel Radcliffe
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Meet 9 New 'Game of Thrones' Cast Members (VIDEO)
- No One's Safe in This Preview for 'Walking Dead' Season 5 (VIDEO)
- Joaquin Phoenix Is Reportedly in Talks For 'Doctor Strange': Here's Why That's a Good Thing