Mel Gibson Takes on Obama in a War of the Words
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 29th 2010 05:10PM
At the premiere of his latest film, 'Edge of Darkness' on Tuesday, the actor gave his two cents to a Pop Tarts reporter, saying, "[Obama] is a man with an impossible task on his hands... He got left a mess and I wish him all the best but I don't think he's going to fix it in five minutes and probably not in his entire tenure."
This is not the first time the actor has spoken out against U.S. politicians. In a 2006 interview with Time Magazine, Gibson accused then-president George W. Bush of "fear mongering," comparing Bush and his political allies to corrupt leaders of the ancient Maya.
Mel Gibson Snapshots
Mel Gibson poses for a picture at the Australians In Film screening of 'Edge Of Darkness' held at the Landmark Theatre on January 28, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lovelorn fan proposes to Keira Knightely during Broadway debut
- Geena Davis, 59, to play 44-year-old Jon Hamm's daughter
- Jim Carrey's ex reportedly committed suicide using pills prescribed to the comedian
- ‘Castle' Bosses Explain Season 8 Split: "Nobody's Getting Divorced"
- NYFF: 'Steve Jobs' Star Michael Fassbender, Director Danny Boyle Weren't Bothered by Pre-Production Drama
- MIPCOM: 'Hitler' Series Greenlit With TF1, RTL
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Martian' Lands At Number One
- 8 Reasons 'Titanic' Is Still the Best Love Story of the '90s
- 12 Life Lessons From Cher Horowitz