Mel Gibson Takes on Obama in a War of the Words
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 29th 2010 05:10PM
At the premiere of his latest film, 'Edge of Darkness' on Tuesday, the actor gave his two cents to a Pop Tarts reporter, saying, "[Obama] is a man with an impossible task on his hands... He got left a mess and I wish him all the best but I don't think he's going to fix it in five minutes and probably not in his entire tenure."
This is not the first time the actor has spoken out against U.S. politicians. In a 2006 interview with Time Magazine, Gibson accused then-president George W. Bush of "fear mongering," comparing Bush and his political allies to corrupt leaders of the ancient Maya.
Mel Gibson Snapshots
Mel Gibson poses for a picture at the Australians In Film screening of 'Edge Of Darkness' held at the Landmark Theatre on January 28, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Mike Tyson doesn't bust a move on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- 'Fifty Shades Darker': Christian Grey Masks Up for First Still (Photo)
- Tribeca: Saban Films to Acquire Adrien Brody's 'Backtrack'
- Mark Ruffalo Answers "Sexist" Questions in 'Avengers' Interview: "Do You Feel Much Pressure to Slim Down?"
- 9 Things We Want to See on 'Fuller House'
- Meet Marvel's Avengers: An 'Age of Ultron' Character Guide
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Is Already a Big Box Office Hit Overseas