PopEater Fans Want Anderson Cooper to Replace Regis on 'Live!'
By Amber James Posted Jan 30th 2010 06:31AM
How do you replace Regis Philbin? Although the show has been testing many great potential new hosts while Philbin underwent his recent successful hip replacement, none of them have been able to fill his huge shoes. Despite speculation that a woman might move into the 'Live!' seat, PopEater readers on Facebook and Twitter showed immense support for Anderson Cooper. Does he have what it takes?
While there were many host suggestions, which included everyone from Conan O'Brien to Reese Witherspoon and Mark Consuelos, Cooper was the clear fan favorite.
"Hmmm... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anderson Cooper (and I think Kelly does too!). Anderson would be awesome," PopEater Facebook fan, Doreen Rosa Guilfoyle wrote.
Cooper has filled in for Philbin in the past to rave reviews. But most recently, the CNN anchor has been gaining a lot of attention lately reporting from Port-Au-Prince following the earthquake in Haiti.
PopEater's Twitter fan @MJWenchy said, "Whenever Regis is ready to retire, I would love Anderson Cooper to replace him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- GoDaddy Pulls Super Bowl XLIX Puppy Ad After Backlash, Petition: Watch It Now
- Winona Ryder Confirms that Beetlejuice 2 is "Going to Happen"
- Nick Jonas Talks Taylor Swift, Smoking Weed, Gay Fans, and That Infamous Crotch Grab
- Taylor Swift to hackers: I don't have nudes
- Texas high school's 'Uptown Funk' video goes viral
- ?Fantastic Four' debuts first trailer
- This May Be the Most Powerful Super Bowl Commercial You'll See This Year—Watch Now!
- Prince Harry's Do-Gooding Efforts Continue: Royal Takes on New Army Role Helping Wounded Soldiers
- Angelina Jolie Left ''Speechless'' by the ''Unspeakable Brutality'' Syrian and Iraqi Refugees Face: Read Her Emotional Op-Ed