PopEater Fans Want Anderson Cooper to Replace Regis on 'Live!'
By Amber James Posted Jan 30th 2010 06:31AM
How do you replace Regis Philbin? Although the show has been testing many great potential new hosts while Philbin underwent his recent successful hip replacement, none of them have been able to fill his huge shoes. Despite speculation that a woman might move into the 'Live!' seat, PopEater readers on Facebook and Twitter showed immense support for Anderson Cooper. Does he have what it takes?
While there were many host suggestions, which included everyone from Conan O'Brien to Reese Witherspoon and Mark Consuelos, Cooper was the clear fan favorite.
"Hmmm... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anderson Cooper (and I think Kelly does too!). Anderson would be awesome," PopEater Facebook fan, Doreen Rosa Guilfoyle wrote.
Cooper has filled in for Philbin in the past to rave reviews. But most recently, the CNN anchor has been gaining a lot of attention lately reporting from Port-Au-Prince following the earthquake in Haiti.
PopEater's Twitter fan @MJWenchy said, "Whenever Regis is ready to retire, I would love Anderson Cooper to replace him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Auburn Police Respond to Complaints From Misty Upham's Family: "We Will Continue to Search for Answers"
- Kate Middleton Accentuates Baby Bump In Black Knit Flare Dress: Picture
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's "Waterfalls" for Girl Groups Tribute Album: Listen Now!
- Tori Spelling Tells Dean ?I Don't Want Anymore Babies' Because There Are ?Consequences To Actions' ? Watch The Clip!
- Not Even A Shirt Can Keep Up With Khloe Kardashian! Her Almost Nip-Slip Revealed In 12 Photos
- Mama June NOT Dating Convicted Child Molester, Daughter Pumpkin Claims: ‘She Left Him 10 Years Ago!’
- Halle Berry launching a lingerie line
- Zack Galifianakis grills Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- New report claims Elizabeth Pena died from alcohol abuse