PopEater Fans Want Anderson Cooper to Replace Regis on 'Live!'
By Amber James Posted Jan 30th 2010 06:31AM
How do you replace Regis Philbin? Although the show has been testing many great potential new hosts while Philbin underwent his recent successful hip replacement, none of them have been able to fill his huge shoes. Despite speculation that a woman might move into the 'Live!' seat, PopEater readers on Facebook and Twitter showed immense support for Anderson Cooper. Does he have what it takes?
While there were many host suggestions, which included everyone from Conan O'Brien to Reese Witherspoon and Mark Consuelos, Cooper was the clear fan favorite.
"Hmmm... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anderson Cooper (and I think Kelly does too!). Anderson would be awesome," PopEater Facebook fan, Doreen Rosa Guilfoyle wrote.
Cooper has filled in for Philbin in the past to rave reviews. But most recently, the CNN anchor has been gaining a lot of attention lately reporting from Port-Au-Prince following the earthquake in Haiti.
PopEater's Twitter fan @MJWenchy said, "Whenever Regis is ready to retire, I would love Anderson Cooper to replace him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Check Out Padma Lakshmi's Bikini Bottoms: Her Friend Thinks It Looks Like She Has a Penis!
- Scandal Just Delivered One of The Most Heartbreaking & Heart-Racing Episodes of TV We've Ever Seen
- Parenthood Finale: Why the Show Ended That Way, and Scoop on the 7 Biggest Surprises