PopEater Fans Want Anderson Cooper to Replace Regis on 'Live!'
By Amber James Posted Jan 30th 2010 06:31AM
How do you replace Regis Philbin? Although the show has been testing many great potential new hosts while Philbin underwent his recent successful hip replacement, none of them have been able to fill his huge shoes. Despite speculation that a woman might move into the 'Live!' seat, PopEater readers on Facebook and Twitter showed immense support for Anderson Cooper. Does he have what it takes?
While there were many host suggestions, which included everyone from Conan O'Brien to Reese Witherspoon and Mark Consuelos, Cooper was the clear fan favorite.
"Hmmm... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anderson Cooper (and I think Kelly does too!). Anderson would be awesome," PopEater Facebook fan, Doreen Rosa Guilfoyle wrote.
Cooper has filled in for Philbin in the past to rave reviews. But most recently, the CNN anchor has been gaining a lot of attention lately reporting from Port-Au-Prince following the earthquake in Haiti.
PopEater's Twitter fan @MJWenchy said, "Whenever Regis is ready to retire, I would love Anderson Cooper to replace him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day