PopEater Fans Want Anderson Cooper to Replace Regis on 'Live!'
By Amber James Posted Jan 30th 2010 06:31AM
How do you replace Regis Philbin? Although the show has been testing many great potential new hosts while Philbin underwent his recent successful hip replacement, none of them have been able to fill his huge shoes. Despite speculation that a woman might move into the 'Live!' seat, PopEater readers on Facebook and Twitter showed immense support for Anderson Cooper. Does he have what it takes?
While there were many host suggestions, which included everyone from Conan O'Brien to Reese Witherspoon and Mark Consuelos, Cooper was the clear fan favorite.
"Hmmm... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anderson Cooper (and I think Kelly does too!). Anderson would be awesome," PopEater Facebook fan, Doreen Rosa Guilfoyle wrote.
Cooper has filled in for Philbin in the past to rave reviews. But most recently, the CNN anchor has been gaining a lot of attention lately reporting from Port-Au-Prince following the earthquake in Haiti.
PopEater's Twitter fan @MJWenchy said, "Whenever Regis is ready to retire, I would love Anderson Cooper to replace him."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Shares Secret For Putting North to Sleep, Says Kanye West "Comes Up With Every Idea"
- Heidi Montag Graces First Red Carpet After Breast Reduction Surgery
- Usher: I'm "Not Happy" With Justin Bieber's Choices, "I'll Punch Him" When I Need To
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Lindsay Lohan Snaps a Topless Photo in Dressing Room, Is Overshadowed by Completely Nude Portrait Behind Her
- Cindy Crawford "Destroyed" by Look-Alike 13-Year-Old Daughter Kaia Gerber: See the Proof!
- Deadmau5 Slams Paris Hilton's $1 Million Appearance Fee, Calls Her a "Straight Up Ass"