Christina Hendricks' Husband Bashes the New York Times for 'Big Girl' Comments
'Mad Men' starlet Christina Hendricks drew lots of eyeballs -- and Internet comments -- thanks to her dress at the Golden Globes earlier this month. Flaunting her curvaceous figure and a whole lotta cleavage, Hendricks' dress prompted one blogger for the New York Times to say: "You don't put a big girl in a big dress," which caused an uproar in the comments section and across the Web. Well, now Hendricks' husband is fighting back, calling the comments "ridiculous."
During the Globes, New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn posted a digitally widened photo of Hendricks, saying: "You don't put a big girl in a big dress. That's rule number one". She later said that the photo was mistakenly distorted, and it was replaced on the page.
Geoffrey Arend, who tied the knot with Hendricks last October, tells PEOPLE he "was just upset about the whole Golden Globes dress thing. I thought she looked so gorgeous. And that New York Times blogger saying that... It's so ridiculous."
Arend goes on to say the best part of the whole fracas "was seeing the entire internet come after that blogger. That was really cool. It was the first time I saw just a solid block of 'You're crazy! What's wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself!' [in the comments.] And honestly, the Grey Lady should be ashamed of themselves to print a picture like that, that they widened!"
Hendricks' gown was designed by 'Project Runway' winner Christian Siriano.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Celebrity Weight -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Photos -
- Splitsville -
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Christina Hendricks
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Christina Hendricks Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- Ed Sheeran "Feels Bad," Says He'll Apologize to Miley Cyrus After Calling Her a Stripper
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!
- Too Cute! Giuliana Rancic and Son Duke Share a Kiss on the Red Carpet: See the Sweet Pic!