Christina Hendricks' Husband Bashes the New York Times for 'Big Girl' Comments
'Mad Men' starlet Christina Hendricks drew lots of eyeballs -- and Internet comments -- thanks to her dress at the Golden Globes earlier this month. Flaunting her curvaceous figure and a whole lotta cleavage, Hendricks' dress prompted one blogger for the New York Times to say: "You don't put a big girl in a big dress," which caused an uproar in the comments section and across the Web. Well, now Hendricks' husband is fighting back, calling the comments "ridiculous."
During the Globes, New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn posted a digitally widened photo of Hendricks, saying: "You don't put a big girl in a big dress. That's rule number one". She later said that the photo was mistakenly distorted, and it was replaced on the page.
Geoffrey Arend, who tied the knot with Hendricks last October, tells PEOPLE he "was just upset about the whole Golden Globes dress thing. I thought she looked so gorgeous. And that New York Times blogger saying that... It's so ridiculous."
Arend goes on to say the best part of the whole fracas "was seeing the entire internet come after that blogger. That was really cool. It was the first time I saw just a solid block of 'You're crazy! What's wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself!' [in the comments.] And honestly, the Grey Lady should be ashamed of themselves to print a picture like that, that they widened!"
Hendricks' gown was designed by 'Project Runway' winner Christian Siriano.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Celebrity Weight -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Photos -
- Splitsville -
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Christina Hendricks
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Christina Hendricks Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Sebastian Stan and Margarita Levieva Are Dating!
- Kristen Stewart Will Not Star in Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth Reprise Roles
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!