Prince Jackson Breaks His Silence at Grammys
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 31st 2010 10:53PM
The brief speech quickly became the most sincere and poignant moment of the evening, with every member of the audience standing and listening in awe as the shy Prince spoke.
► Grammys Hub ► In-Depth: Major Winners and More | Country | Urban | Rock | Metal
Paris also spoke but very briefly, saying, "We love you daddy." She of course made a touching speech at Michael's memorial service, which was held under the very same roof as the Grammys, Staples Center.
Read the whole speech below:
Prince: First of all, we'd like to thank God for watching over us over these past seven months, and our grandma and grandpa for their love and support. We would also like to thank the fans. Our father loved you so much because you were always there for him. Our father was always concerned about the planet and humanity. Through all his hard work and dedication, he has helped many charities and donated to all of them. Through all his songs, his message was simple: Love. We will continue to spread his message and help the world. Thank you. We love you daddy.
Paris: Daddy was supposed to be here. Daddy was going to perform this year, but he couldn't perform last year. Thank you, we love you daddy.
2010 Grammy Awards
Paris Jackson (L) and Prince Michael Jackson accept the Lifetime Achievemen award for Michael Jackson onstage during the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards held at Staples Center on January 31, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jasmine Tridevil 'flattered' her three-breasted look is a Halloween hit
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"