Prince Jackson Breaks His Silence at Grammys
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 31st 2010 10:53PM
The brief speech quickly became the most sincere and poignant moment of the evening, with every member of the audience standing and listening in awe as the shy Prince spoke.
► Grammys Hub ► In-Depth: Major Winners and More | Country | Urban | Rock | Metal
Paris also spoke but very briefly, saying, "We love you daddy." She of course made a touching speech at Michael's memorial service, which was held under the very same roof as the Grammys, Staples Center.
Read the whole speech below:
Prince: First of all, we'd like to thank God for watching over us over these past seven months, and our grandma and grandpa for their love and support. We would also like to thank the fans. Our father loved you so much because you were always there for him. Our father was always concerned about the planet and humanity. Through all his hard work and dedication, he has helped many charities and donated to all of them. Through all his songs, his message was simple: Love. We will continue to spread his message and help the world. Thank you. We love you daddy.
Paris: Daddy was supposed to be here. Daddy was going to perform this year, but he couldn't perform last year. Thank you, we love you daddy.
2010 Grammy Awards
Paris Jackson (L) and Prince Michael Jackson accept the Lifetime Achievemen award for Michael Jackson onstage during the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards held at Staples Center on January 31, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tracy Morgan settles suit with Wal-Mart over fatal crash
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans is wanted in Fla.
- Radio host in trouble for killing rabbit on air
- Extra Scoop: See Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed's Romantic Wedding Video
- Watch Country Music's Best at the iHeartRadio Country Festival!
- Get These Star-Inspired Summer Styles for Less at Burlington!
- Zoe Saldana "Inspired" by Michael B. Jordan's Essay About Diversity in Hollywood, Racism
- Taylor Swift's Crop Top and Skirt for Date Night With Calvin Harris: Shop Both for Less Than $150 Total!
- Celeb Sightings: Jenna Ushkowitz, Becca Tobin at the Playboy Mansion!