Prince Jackson Breaks His Silence at Grammys
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 31st 2010 10:53PM
The brief speech quickly became the most sincere and poignant moment of the evening, with every member of the audience standing and listening in awe as the shy Prince spoke.
► Grammys Hub ► In-Depth: Major Winners and More | Country | Urban | Rock | Metal
Paris also spoke but very briefly, saying, "We love you daddy." She of course made a touching speech at Michael's memorial service, which was held under the very same roof as the Grammys, Staples Center.
Read the whole speech below:
Prince: First of all, we'd like to thank God for watching over us over these past seven months, and our grandma and grandpa for their love and support. We would also like to thank the fans. Our father loved you so much because you were always there for him. Our father was always concerned about the planet and humanity. Through all his hard work and dedication, he has helped many charities and donated to all of them. Through all his songs, his message was simple: Love. We will continue to spread his message and help the world. Thank you. We love you daddy.
Paris: Daddy was supposed to be here. Daddy was going to perform this year, but he couldn't perform last year. Thank you, we love you daddy.
2010 Grammy Awards
Paris Jackson (L) and Prince Michael Jackson accept the Lifetime Achievemen award for Michael Jackson onstage during the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards held at Staples Center on January 31, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Don Rickles recovering from flesh-eating disease
- Carrie Undewood tweets Bible verse in response to critics
- Justin Timberlake's Grammy Snub?
- ?The Following' season 1 video recaps ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS
- ?Sound of Music Live!': The original film's Von Trapp children respond
- ?Vampire Diaries' actress Candice Accola stars in The Fray's ?Love Don't Die' video, kisses fiance Joe King ? VIDEO
- Twerkin' on Santa? Miley Cyrus Not Nice in Naughty Jingle Ball Performance
- Vin Diesel Shares Heartbreaking Moment with Paul Walker's Mother
- Paul Walker Death: Childhood Friend Tried to Pull Actor from the Fiery Wreckage