Stevie Nicks Sings Backup for Taylor Swift at Grammy Awards
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 31st 2010 10:14PM
After much speculation, Taylor Swift was joined by Fleetwood Mac's leading lady Stevie Nicks at the 2010 Grammy Awards. Swift opened her performance with 'Today Was a Fairytale' and then announced, "It's a fairly tale and an honor to share the stage with Stevie Nicks." Both women sang Fleetwood Mac's 'Rhiannon,' and then Swift then grabbed her guitar to sing her hit 'You Belong With Me.' Nicks stood back, tapping her tambourine and to share singing duties with the young artist.
Taylor Swift, who was second to Beyonce in Grammy nominations with eight nods, won three early awards, including best country album. Though the 20-year-old has won just about every award imaginable over the past year for her best-selling CD "Fearless," she was wide-eyed and emotional when she accepted her trophy for the country album.
"I just keep thinking back to when you're in second grade and you sing in the talent show for the first time and people joke around and say, 'Maybe we'll see you at the Grammys some day.' But that just seems like an impossible dream," she said. "I just feel like I'm standing here accepting an impossible dream."
► Grammys Hub ► In-Depth: Major Winners and More on the Show | Country | Urban | Rock | Metal
Grammys Red Carpet 2010
Singer Lady Gaga arrives at the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards held at Staples Center on January 31, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer: 'I Am a Woman'
- Help Fight Malaria, One Bracelet at a Time
- Priscilla Presley Talks the King of Rock, and Las Vegas Elvis Exhibition
- Bruce Jenner's Diane Sawyer Interview: Laverne Cox and More Celebs Embrace His Bravery -- Read Their Reactions Here
- Bruce Jenner E! Documentary Confirmed Following His Emotional Confession ? Get All the Details on the Eight-Part One-Hour Docuseries
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer: Kim "Has Been, By Far, the Most Accepting" of the Kardashians