Stevie Nicks Sings Backup for Taylor Swift at Grammy Awards
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 31st 2010 10:14PM
After much speculation, Taylor Swift was joined by Fleetwood Mac's leading lady Stevie Nicks at the 2010 Grammy Awards. Swift opened her performance with 'Today Was a Fairytale' and then announced, "It's a fairly tale and an honor to share the stage with Stevie Nicks." Both women sang Fleetwood Mac's 'Rhiannon,' and then Swift then grabbed her guitar to sing her hit 'You Belong With Me.' Nicks stood back, tapping her tambourine and to share singing duties with the young artist.
Taylor Swift, who was second to Beyonce in Grammy nominations with eight nods, won three early awards, including best country album. Though the 20-year-old has won just about every award imaginable over the past year for her best-selling CD "Fearless," she was wide-eyed and emotional when she accepted her trophy for the country album.
"I just keep thinking back to when you're in second grade and you sing in the talent show for the first time and people joke around and say, 'Maybe we'll see you at the Grammys some day.' But that just seems like an impossible dream," she said. "I just feel like I'm standing here accepting an impossible dream."
► Grammys Hub ► In-Depth: Major Winners and More on the Show | Country | Urban | Rock | Metal
Grammys Red Carpet 2010
Singer Lady Gaga arrives at the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards held at Staples Center on January 31, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home
- Mariah Carey Spends 4th of July with Her Billionaire Boo
- Rumor Bust! Kim Kardashian Is NOT Getting Plastic Surgery While Pregnant
- Is Scott Disick off the Wagon?
- Hillary Clinton, Ellen DeGeneres Write Sweet Responses to Gay Teen in Humans of New York Post
- Jada Pinkett Smith: Will Smith Has Me "On Lockdown," Knows I Wouldn't Cheat on Him
- Britney Spears Recreates Oops Album Cover With Sons Jayden and Sean in Cute Twitter Photo