Did Taylor Swift Deserve Album of the Year Grammy? PopEater Readers Are Split
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 1st 2010 05:56PM
Swift beat out favorites 'The Fame' by Lady Gaga and Beyonce's 'I Am ... Sasha Fierce' for the night's big prize. Now, we don't think she necessarily deserved the award. We even go as far as saying that she won because of Kanye West. His highjacking of her VMA speech may have been the best thing that ever happen to the country singer.
But we wanted to know what you thought. So we asked -- did she deserve the album of the year? Well, over 29K voted and 50 percent of people didn't think her album was worthy.
Our second question -- do you think the decision to honor 'Fearless' as the album of the year had anything to do with Kanye's VMA outburst? -- was met with a similar reaction. Over 25K votes were cast, and half of those who answered said no, and the other half said yes.
Taylor Swift Snapshots
** CORRECTS BYLINE TO MARK TERRILL ** Musician Taylor Swift drops one of her awards as she poses backstage with her awards for Album of the Year, Best Female Country Vocal Performance, Best Country Song and Best Country Album at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark Terrill)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Easy Rider' chopper going up for auction next month
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- This ?Scandal' clothing line lets you dress just like Olivia Pope
- ?Orange Is the New Black' meets ?Golden Girls' in new mash-up video
- Bruce Springsteen headlines Stand Up For Heroes event
- Tracey Edmonds Gets ?The Real' Treatment
- ?The View' Heats Up! Rosie O'Donnell and Nicolle Wallace Clash
- Barbra Streisand Is Ready for a Female President
- Jennifer Garner, Reese Witherspoon, Jake Gyllenhaal Reveal What Fans Say to Them on the Street, "You're So Much Prettier in Person"
- Sarah Palin Goes Without Makeup, Says She Looks Like a "Sheepdog"
- Eva Mendes, Ryan Gosling Welcome First Child Together; Julie Chen Reveals Her Grandfather Was a Polygamist: Top 5 Stories