Did Taylor Swift Deserve Album of the Year Grammy? PopEater Readers Are Split
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 1st 2010 05:56PM
Swift beat out favorites 'The Fame' by Lady Gaga and Beyonce's 'I Am ... Sasha Fierce' for the night's big prize. Now, we don't think she necessarily deserved the award. We even go as far as saying that she won because of Kanye West. His highjacking of her VMA speech may have been the best thing that ever happen to the country singer.
But we wanted to know what you thought. So we asked -- did she deserve the album of the year? Well, over 29K voted and 50 percent of people didn't think her album was worthy.
Our second question -- do you think the decision to honor 'Fearless' as the album of the year had anything to do with Kanye's VMA outburst? -- was met with a similar reaction. Over 25K votes were cast, and half of those who answered said no, and the other half said yes.
Taylor Swift Snapshots
** CORRECTS BYLINE TO MARK TERRILL ** Musician Taylor Swift drops one of her awards as she poses backstage with her awards for Album of the Year, Best Female Country Vocal Performance, Best Country Song and Best Country Album at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark Terrill)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"