Arrest Imminent for Michael Jackson's Doctor?
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 2nd 2010 04:44PM
TMZ is reporting that Murray plans on surrendering on Wednesday morning, while RadarOnline is reporting that Murray has been meeting with his legal team for several days working out the terms of his potential defense if and when the case goes to court.
TMZ reports that Murray will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for the death of Jackson.
Murray was at Jackson's side on June 25, and gave the King of Pop a lethal dose of Propofol -- a powerful anesthetic often used in surgery.
The timeline after that final dose of Propofol is what has caused many to be suspicious of Murray's involvement in Jackson's death. According to police reports, Murray gave Jackson the drug at 10:40, and noticed he had stopped breathing at 11 a.m. However, it wasn't until 12:20 that a 911 call was placed reporting the medical emergency. During that 80 minutes, Murray made three other private phone calls that totaled 47 minutes.
Murray has maintained that nothing he did that day would have led to the death of Jackson, despite the fact that the Los Angeles Coroner's Office found lethal levels of the drug in the music legend's body.
A law enforcement official told the Associated Press on Tuesday that Murray will be charged with manslaughter rather than taking the case to a grand jury.
"Dr. Murray is in Los Angeles for a dual purpose - on family business and to be available for law enforcement," said
spokeswoman Miranda Sevcik. "We're trying to be as cooperative as we can ... We continue to maintain that Dr. Murray neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Michael Jackson," Sevcik said.
Murray was brought on as Jackson's personal physician in the run-up to Michael's marathon schedule of concerts in London.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Report: NBC News renews Savannah Guthrie's ?Today' contract
- ?Water for Elephants' will be adapted into a musical
- Al Pacino names an 8th-grade teacher, Marlon Brando among his acting influences
- Lindsay Lohan's Tiny Waist: Totally Hot or Totally Photoshopped?
- Melissa Rivers Sues Clinic, Doctors Involved in Joan Rivers' Death
- Patrick Dempsey Hints at Reason He and Wife Are Divorcing
- Jennifer Lawrence Chats With Adele at Restaurant, and Harry Styles Was There Too: Details!
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Blunt Bangs in New Karl Lagerfeld Spring Campaign: See Behind-the-Scenes Photos
- Lupita Nyong'o Single Again, Flirty With Jared Leto at SAG Awards 2015 Afterparty: Details