Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor Kiss in Paris
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 2nd 2010 06:59AM
Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor were named knights in France's National Order of Arts and Letters on Monday and even went so far as to give one another a big kiss while at the Ministry of Culture in Paris, France. The Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres is a recognition of a significant contribution to the arts. French Culture Minister Frederic Mitterrand honored the two actors, telling them that French movie-goers love their work. "I love you Jim Carrey! I love you Ewan McGregor!" Mitterand declared. The duo were in Paris to promote 'I Love You Phillip Morris,' a gay romance that features Carrey as a con man who falls in love with his cellmate.
The movie is based on the real life events of con artist, impostor, and multiple prison escapee Steven Jay Russell (Jim Carrey). While incarcerated, Russell falls in love with his cell mate, Phillip Morris (Ewan McGregor). After Morris is released from prison, Russell escapes from prison four times in order to be reunited with Morris.
Carrey's notable works include 'Ace Ventura' and 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.' McGregor starred in 'Trainspotting,' 'Star Wars' and 'Moulin Rouge.'
Ewan McGregor Snapshots
Ewan McGregor waits to answer phones during the Hope For Haiti Now: A Global Benefit For Earthquake Relief telethon on January 22, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. More photos >>
MTV Hope for Haiti Now
MORE ABOUT Jim Carrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jim Carrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes Epic 'Game of Thrones' Parody (Video)
- Cannes: Hollywood Gives Back at Star-Filled AmfAR Gala (Column)
- Jennifer Hudson in Negotiations to Judge 'American Idol'
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report