Videos: Lady Gaga's Greatest Live Performances
By Steven Avalos Posted Feb 2nd 2010 06:22AM
Elton John -- Lady Gaga's performance at Sunday night's Grammy Awards was truly a spectacle that won't soon be forgotten. This isn't the first time Gaga has wowed the world with her often show stopping brand of "performance art". We've compiled the best from Gaga's relatively brief but prolific career-- blood, flames and plenty of computerized sunglasses after the jump. >>
-- Let's start at the beginning: the Logo network took a chance on newcomer Lady Gaga, booking for the 2008 New Now Next Awards -- the future superstar's first televised performance. The rest is history.
-- Just to prove she wasn't just your average blonde poptart with a catchy beat and sexy dance moves, Lady Gaga began performing an acoustic piano version of hit single 'Poker Face' on various outlets to showcase her genuine musical chops. Check out these two variations, one on a French talk show and the other an over-the-top performance on 'American Idol' last season that definitely put Adam Lambert to shame. (Watch the 'Idol' performance here.)
-- Sparks literally flew at the 2009 Much Music Awards when Gaga debuted an exploding bra, which you won't see at your local Victoria's Secret anytime soon.
-- When Lady Gaga ascended after her on-stage death, she raised the bar along with her as far as live performances go at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.
-- Lady Gaga performed at the 2009 American Music Awards with a new album and a new look to match. And check out the exo-skeletal bodices and a one-of-a-kind flaming piano. Why? Why not?
-- In December, Lady Gaga performed for the Queen of England at the 2009 Royal Variety Show, an annual concert that has seen the likes of everyone from The Beatles to Miley Cyrus. Gaga of course dressed up for the occasion in a red latex Elizabethan gown while performing in mid-air on what might be the coolest piano ever created.
-- ETA: Lady Gaga won big at the UK's 2010 Brit Awards, taking home three awards for Best Female Artist, Album of the Year and the obvious Best Breakthrough Artist (does anyone else even stand a chance?). And "breakthrough" certainly describes Gaga's performance at the show, an emotional tribute to friend and collaborator, designer Alexander McQueen, while wearing a Marie Antoinette-esque wig and rocking out on an upright synthesizer that defies any and all description.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shia LaBeouf: Woman raped me at gallery
- 'Real World' star Ryan Knight dies at 29
- Bill Cosby cooperated with tabloids to spike accuser's story
- ?Star Wars' trailer wishlist: VII things we hope to see
- PopWatch Confessional: What are you thankful for this year?
- Is Jim Bob Duggar Trying to Set Up Daughter Jana with Celebrity?
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Great Boots by Born!
- Jennifer Lopez, Rosie O'Donnell and Others Share Their Slim-Down Secrets!
- Celebrities' Thanksgiving Messages: See Photos From Taylor Swift, Beyonce
- Derek, Julianne Hough, Maria Menounos, Mark Ballas, Sadie Robertson, Kate Hudson Do Thanksgiving Dance Wars: Watch!
- Ryan Knight of The Real World Has Died at 29, Second MTV Tragedy Just Weeks After Diem Brown's Passing