Will Sandra Bullock Win an Oscar and a Razzie?
By Sam Brand Posted Feb 2nd 2010 12:30PM
Sandra Bullock is nominated for two separate films: 'The Blind Side' and 'All About Steve' - we'll let you figure out which is which. We're pulling for her. In other news, it's Groundhog Day. Punxsutawney Phil might be the official overgrown rodent of the moment, but he's not the only one making predictions. And you want Oscar nominations? Here are a few of our Best Picture snubs. This is What You're Searching for Today...
Sandra Bullock – 'The Blind Side's' leading lady got her Best Actress Oscar nod this morning. Yesterday she got the nod for Worst Actress for the forgettable summer comedy 'All About Steve.' Bullock could become the first ever actor to pull in a Razzie and an Oscar in the same year. What, you ask!? Jennifer Lopez didn't win best/worst actress for 'Gigli' in 2003? Preposterous, we know. Bullock is considered the favorite to bring home the Academy Award by several online betting sites. To bring home the Golden Raspberry, Bullock will have to beat out, or rather lose to Beyonce ('Obsessed'), Miley Cyrus ('Hannah Montana: The Movie'), Megan Fox ('Jennifer's Body' and 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'), and Sarah Jessica Parker ('Did You Hear About the Morgans').
Groundhog Day – Pro snowblowers, ice fishermen and outdoor Zamboni operators rejoiced this morning as Punxsutawney Phil emerged from his burrow, saw his shadow, and scurried back in. The over-sized hamster spoke in his own special way, and he said there will be another six weeks of winter in 2010. Phil's counterpart in New Jersey, Milltown Mel, also saw his shadow. Ohio's Buckeye Chuck did not (maybe because it was snowing?). Neither did Georgia's General Lee, and in Alaska, well, they don't have groundhogs. But thanks to Sarah Palin's signature on a very important 2009 bill, today is the first ever Marmot Day in the 49th state.
Oscar Nominations 2010 – You can get the full list here. And now that Best Picture has expanded to include 10 nominations, it's tough to name snubs. On second thought, maybe it's easier. The bar has clearly been lowered in 2010. 'The Blind Side,' really? It's a decent enough movie, an inspiring one, and fine, we'll let Sandra get her nod, but it's not a great or even very good film by any means. E! Online thinks 'Star Trek,' 'The Hangover,' and 'Michael Jackson's This Is It' should have been nominated. Rotten Tomatoes' T-meter says 'Fantastic Mr. Fox,' 'Crazy Heart,' and 'Anvil! The Story of Anvil.' We think 'Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans' should have been nominated. Maybe there are more snubs than ever now that the field has expanded.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ivanka Trump Sizzles in Ivana's Dress, Stolen Straight Out of Her Mama's Closet: Pictures
- TV's Top 10 Villains: The Biggest Baddies Currently on Air, From Gotham to Game of Thrones
- Kate Hudson Shimmers in Jenny Packham Gown: See the Amazing Curve-Hugging Dress!
- Abandoned! Kanye Jets To Europe Without Kim, Scott Ditches Pregnant Kourtney To Party & Khloe Can't Find Lamar
- Kendra Wilkinson Throws Hank Baskett Out Of The House For ?F**king A Transsexual' ? Watch The Clip
- Soup Kitchen Instead Of Prison? ?RHONJ' Star Teresa Giudice's Attorney Begs For Halfway House Placement – So She Can Do Charity Work! Read The Letter To The Judge
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face