AC/DC Frontman Says Bono's Good Deeds Are Cheap
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 3rd 2010 03:53PM
"When I was a working man I didn't want to go to a concert for some bastard to talk down to me that I should be thinking of some kid in Africa," he bluntly told the Herald Sun in Australia.
To be fair, Johnson is not railing against helping the less fortunate, it's the grand gestures like worldwide benefit concerts and glittery telethons that grate on him.
"I'm sorry mate, do it yourself, spend some of your own money and get it done," he added. "It just makes me angry. I become all tyrannical."
Johnson insisted he gives on occasion but there's one big difference between him and Bono: "I don't tell everybody I'm doing it," and better yet, "I don't tell everybody they should give money -- they can't afford it.
AC/DC famously turned down a slot at 1985's Live Aid, which he squarely calls a failure.
"Bob Geldof is a canny lad. He did what he thought was right at the time but it didn't work," he said, referring to the man behind Live Aid. "The money didn't go to poor people. It makes me mad when people try to use politics or charity for publicity."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kanye West tweets apology to Beck for Grammys stagecrashing incident
- Woman asks about dress color, Internet loses collective mind
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Extra Scoop: Who Would Steal Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress?
- Robin Williams' Daughter's First Interview Since Her Father's Death
- Courteney Cox and Johnny McDaid Put Breakup Rumors to Rest
- Tumblr Dress Debate: Is This Dress White and Gold or Blue and Black? Every Celeb ? and Person ? On the Internet Is Freaking Out
- Kim Kardashian, Rita Ora Attend Same Party in Nearly Identical Pink Latex Dresses -- See the Pics!
- Amanda Peet Has Gotten "Hate Mail" Over Her Pro-Vaccination Beliefs