AC/DC Frontman Says Bono's Good Deeds Are Cheap
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 3rd 2010 03:53PM
"When I was a working man I didn't want to go to a concert for some bastard to talk down to me that I should be thinking of some kid in Africa," he bluntly told the Herald Sun in Australia.
To be fair, Johnson is not railing against helping the less fortunate, it's the grand gestures like worldwide benefit concerts and glittery telethons that grate on him.
"I'm sorry mate, do it yourself, spend some of your own money and get it done," he added. "It just makes me angry. I become all tyrannical."
Johnson insisted he gives on occasion but there's one big difference between him and Bono: "I don't tell everybody I'm doing it," and better yet, "I don't tell everybody they should give money -- they can't afford it.
AC/DC famously turned down a slot at 1985's Live Aid, which he squarely calls a failure.
"Bob Geldof is a canny lad. He did what he thought was right at the time but it didn't work," he said, referring to the man behind Live Aid. "The money didn't go to poor people. It makes me mad when people try to use politics or charity for publicity."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Suzanne Somers blames 'Three's Company' producers for ruining her TV career
- Brad Paisley gets astronaut to help him release new song
- Laura Bell Bundy gets personal with new country music album
- Emma Stone to make Broadway debut in ?Cabaret'
- ?Pretty Little Liars' actors star in a short film about cults
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: New Reports of Trouble in Paradise
- '19 Kids and Counting' Star Jill Duggar Is Pregnant!
- Are Drake and Rihanna Back On?
- Mo'ne Davis Covers Sports Illustrated After Record-Breaking Little League Success
- Eva Green's Sexy "Film Noir" Makeup at Sin City L.A. Premiere: Pati Dubroff Teaches Us How to Copy the Look
- Beyonce Asked Gwyneth Paltrow For Jay Z Divorce Advice; Planning Amicable Split