AC/DC Frontman Says Bono's Good Deeds Are Cheap
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 3rd 2010 03:53PM
"When I was a working man I didn't want to go to a concert for some bastard to talk down to me that I should be thinking of some kid in Africa," he bluntly told the Herald Sun in Australia.
To be fair, Johnson is not railing against helping the less fortunate, it's the grand gestures like worldwide benefit concerts and glittery telethons that grate on him.
"I'm sorry mate, do it yourself, spend some of your own money and get it done," he added. "It just makes me angry. I become all tyrannical."
Johnson insisted he gives on occasion but there's one big difference between him and Bono: "I don't tell everybody I'm doing it," and better yet, "I don't tell everybody they should give money -- they can't afford it.
AC/DC famously turned down a slot at 1985's Live Aid, which he squarely calls a failure.
"Bob Geldof is a canny lad. He did what he thought was right at the time but it didn't work," he said, referring to the man behind Live Aid. "The money didn't go to poor people. It makes me mad when people try to use politics or charity for publicity."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebrity face change mysteries...
- Ryan Phillippe: I've only made 5 good movies
- Remember when Carmen Electra married Dennis Rodman...
- Tori Spelling Rushed to Hospital, Placed in Quarantine
- Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- Bradley Cooper, Jimmy Fallon Can't Quit Giggling in Funny Interview: Watch Now!
- Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa, Woman Stuck in Chimney of Her Online Boyfriend's House, Rescued, Arrested
- Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles Exclusive Sneak Peek: Wedding Planning Goes on Hold When Heather Bilyeu Realizes Josh Altman Has Changed