Mackenzie Phillips: Relationship With My Father Was Not Consensual
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 3rd 2010 07:28AM
"I wouldn't necessarily call it a consensual relationship at this time," she adds. Dr. Drew also appeared during her interview, and he agreed that incest cannot be consensual.
"The child is trying to make sense of this situation she feels as though the only she can survive it is by saying, 'I'm creating it, I have some power in this, I'm consenting to it,'" Dr. Drew said. "When the fact is, the kind of relationship a parent has with a child makes consent actually impossible."
The 'One Day at a Time' star wrote in her book that she had sex with her father the night before she was to marry Jeff Sessler, a member of the Rolling Stones entourage, in 1979.
"On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it," wrote Phillips, who was 19 at the time and a heavy drug user. "I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad's bed."
Tell All Celebrity Books
Actress Mackenzie Phillips dropped the father of all bombshells - she admits to a long-term sexual affair with her own dad, Mamas and the Papas singer John Phillips, who died in 2001.
Jeffrey Mayer, WireImage
Jeffrey Mayer, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!