Casey Johnson Died of Diabetes-Related Causes
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Feb 4th 2010 01:02PM
The Johnson & Johnson heiress had a condition called diabetic ketoacidosis. The autopsy took place on Jan 5., a day after her body was found in her Los Angeles home.
The 30-year-old daughter of New York Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson lived a party life. In December, she announced her engagement to bisexual reality TV star Tila Tequila, who became increasingly outspoken following Johnson's death. Surprisingly, she has not commented on the coroner's report yet on her Twitter feed.
Johnson had been an insulin-dependent diabetic since childhood. A memorial fund in her name was set up with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Her father is chairman of that organization and co-author of the book "Managing Your Child's Diabetes."
Casey Johnson lived in a quiet neighborhood behind big wooden gates marked "Grumblenot," but she often partied with high school friend and fellow heiress Paris Hilton.
Johnson was charged last month with burglary and receiving stolen property for allegedly taking $22,000 in clothing, jewelry and other items from a friend's home. She pleaded not guilty and faced a February hearing.
She is survived by her parents, two younger sisters, and an adopted child she named Ava-Monroe, after her idol, Marilyn Monroe.
A message left for a family spokesman was not immediately returned.
Casey Johnson Snapshots
FILE - In this Thursday, Aug. 14, 2008 file photo, Casey Johnson arrives at the grand opening of Apple Lounge in West Hollywood, Calif. Socialite Casey Johnson was already dead when an ambulance was called to her Los Angeles home, according to the woman who made the 911 call. (AP Photo/Dan Steinberg, file)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Teen Mom 3's Mackenzie Douthit: I Never Asked Fans to Pay for My Boob Job, Farrah Abraham Is a "Rude Person"
- Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris Get Affectionate During NYC Lunch Date, Joined By Ed Sheeran: Photos
- Martina McBride, Miranda Lambert Ticked Off With Country Music Radio Consultant's Sexist Comments: Read Their Rants
- Courtney Stodden responds to momager quitting: She just wants to be famous
- Lori Loughlin joins 'Fuller House,' reacts to Olsen twins snub
- 'The Bachelor's' Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff have broken up