Kelly Clarkson Tells Taylor Swift's Boss to Butt Out
By Sam Brand Posted Feb 4th 2010 11:55PM
'American Idol's' inaugural winner refuses to forget where she came from, and she's not afraid to blog about it. On Thursday, Kelly Clarkson took to her keyboard to punch out a fiery rebuttal against Scott Borchetta, head of Taylor Swift's label, who slammed 'Idol' earlier this week while defending his star pupil's sub-par performance at the Grammys. "We not only hit the high notes," Clarkson said of 'Idol's' alumni, "we generally hit the 'right' notes as well."
The posting, simply titled "Scott Borchetta," hit the web just hours after the Big Machine Records CEO attacked America's biggest reality competition.
"This is not 'American Idol,'" Borchetta told the AP of Taylor Swift's performance at Sunday night's Grammys. "This is not a competition of getting up and seeing who can sing the highest note."
Borchetta hit the interview circuit in defense of Swift after getting fed up with "over the top" criticism of her performance at the Grammys.
Thousands who watched the awards show, and hundreds of PopEater readers echoed the sentiment supplied by commenter JosieGrosie:
"As much as I love Taylor Swift...she continues to be HORRIBLE live! No power in her voice, she misses all the high notes, ugh...its embarassing [sic] watching Taylor win ALL these awards, only to see her perform terribly! And really Stevie?! You lowered yourself to sing BACK UP for that tripe? You're so much better than that..."
Borchetta's insecurity clearly wasn't totally unjustified. The Album of the Year winner didn't bring her A-game to the stage on Sunday and Swift's handler should have owned up to it, or at least ignored it. "But throwing blame will not make the situation at hand any better," Clarkson writes.
"Instead of lashing out at other artists (that in your 'humble' opinion lack true artistry), you should simply take a deep breath and realize that sometimes things won't go according to plan or work out and that's ok."
Later in the day Clarkson used Twitter to clarify that she has no beef with Taylor Swift. "I buy her albums and cover her songs, obviously I'm a fan," she tweeted.
"Every artist has a bad performance or two and that is understandable," Clarkson writes on her blog. But Clarkson's camp takes a different strategy following a poor showing on stage. "What my manager or label executives say to me... is 'I'll kick butt next time.'"
MORE ABOUT Kelly Clarkson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kelly Clarkson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Veronica Mars Review: Film Adaptation "Is Akin to a Killer Episode"
- Taylor Swift Cuts Off Former Best Friend Selena Gomez After She Gets Back Together With Justin Bieber
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 9: Meet the New Housewives Elizabeth "Lizzie" Rovsek and Shannon Beador
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Celebs sign on to campaign to ban the word 'bossy'
- Couples have sex in a box, then talk about it, on new WE show
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Duck Dynasty Star Sadie Robertson: People Don't Need to Worry That I'll "Turn Out Like Miley Cyrus"
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands During Date Night in New York City—See the Pic!
- Shailene Woodley Slams Twilight Series: It Was About a "Very Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship"