Car Owned by Charlie Sheen Plunges Over Cliff
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 5th 2010 11:06AM
A Mercedes four-door vehicle belonging to Charlie Sheen was found crashed in a ravine near his Sherman Oaks home Friday morning and police are treating it as an auto theft. The car was empty and it's unclear if it was pushed or driven off the side of the road.
Footage from KTLA shows the car upside-down and several hundred feet down a brush-covered ravine. Police and fire crews found the vehicle badly damaged. Authorities searched the area on foot and by helicopter but found no one around and no evidence that anybody was in the car when it went over the edge.
Authorities told the local NBC affiliate that it's possible someone pushed the car off the cliff.
Bruce Borihanh of the Los Angeles police told reporters that officers got a 911 report at around 4 a.m. that a car was seen down a cliff off Mulholland Drive.
Sheen is said to have parked the luxury car in his driveway around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. TMZ is reporting that around 4 a.m., he received a call from a remote diagnostics company (like OnStar). They alerted him that the car's airbags had been deployed. At that, Sheen noticed the car wasn't in front of his house anymore and called police.
Chris Jacobs of 'The Insider' called Sheen for updates after news of the accident broke. Jacobs shared Sheen's exclusive info in a video blog for PopEater. Watch the video
Jacobs explains, "The last Charlie had seen, he left his car in the driveway. So he went out there and checked it out, and sure enough, his car was gone."
"Adding a little levity to the situation," Jacobs continues, "he told me it was nice for the cops to come to his house - and he didn't have to leave with them."
The LAPD so far has no suspects in the theft and are said to be searching for possible surveillance video of Sheen's gated community.
A law enforcement source told the LA Times that based on a preliminary investigation, Sheen's car may have been left in an open garage with the keys inside.
Nothing else from the home was stolen, police say.
The 'Two and a Half Men' star is expected to be charged any day now with felony menacing and misdemeanor assault over a Christmas Day incident where he allegedly assaulted his wife Brooke Mueller.
He'll appear in court on Monday for an arraignment, but is not expected to enter a plea at this time. At the hearing, the judge will also rule on the protective order that keeps the actor from seeing Mueller -- something the couple both reportedly want changed.
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Anna Duggar Shared Cryptic Quote About Forgiveness Days Before Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations Surfaced
- Kris Jenner Shares "Fun and Silly" Text Messages From Rob Kardashian and Kids
- Alison Pill Marries Joshua Leonard in Yellow Wedding Dress: See Photos From the Newsroom Star's Nuptials
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- Kim Kardashian Plans Kids Trip to Snowy Montana Amid Family Changes, Kylie Jenner Hesitates Going—Get the KUWTK Recap
- Game of Thrones Recap: "The Gift" Finally Gives Fans the Greatest Present Ever
- Morgan Stewart Models in NYC, EJ Johnson Plans Trip to Bahamas, Dorothy Wang's Party Goes Sour—Get the #RichKids Recap!